If you plan on taking part in the modding contest you still have 2 days! Entries will close this Sunday. By the look of things (1 entry so far), we probably won't be having a vote or any future contests. ːsteamsadː
Patch Notes - v1.042
The following balance changes take into account your collective feedback on Debuffs & Sneak Attack as well as my personal experience with the upcoming DLC Content (Mid-High Level Enemies).
This patch adjusts way too many adjustments in both Vanilla (EnemyDB.Core) & DLC (EnemyDB.Exp1) Enemies, their .json files & their coded definitions to list them all below.
Below are just the major changes. But all codex entries have been updated automatically, so make sure to check them once more as previously familiar enemies may now have a different set of immunities & weaknesses. ;)
Misc Enemy Adjustments
- Spirits & Wraiths: No longer immune to Frozen. Immune to Sneak Attack.
- Golems: No longer immune to Frozen & Weaken effects. Immune to Sneak Attack.
- Plants: No longer immune to Kill effects. Immune to Sneak Attack.
- Undead: No longer immune to Immobilized & Weaken effects. Immune to Sneak Attack.
- Death Knights: Have all Undead Traits except Vulnerable & Bewitched immunity.
- Angels: Got Immunity to Burning, Bewitched & Weaken
Being the focus of the upcoming DLC Vampires separated in four different age categories: Fledgeling Vampire, Vampire, Elder Vampire & Ancient Vampire, each with different immunities & tactics.
- Fledgelings (DLC Only): They don't count as Undead yet, but Light Effects like (Blessed & Consecrate) will still harm them.
- Vampires (Vanilla+DLC): Count as Undead. Are only immune to Sneak Attack. (can be affected by Bleeding, Envenomed, Bewitched & Kill). They can also get harmed by Silver, Blessed & Consecrate.
- Elders (Vanilla+DLC): Count as Undead. They are immune to Sneak Attack, Bewitched, Vulnerable, Bleeding & Kill. But can be Envenomed & are harmed by Silver, Blessed & Consecrate.
- Ancients (DLC Only): Count as Undead. They are immune to Sneak Attack, Silver, Immobilized, Bewitched, Bleeding, Vulnerable, Frozen, Kill. They can be Envenomed & Consecrate and Blessed will harm them.
- Feed Response: Successful Feeding on PC will also remove all Bleeding or Vulnerable counters from the Vampire Enemy
- (Improved Response) Feed II: Same as Feed but will last (stay active) 3 Turns (instead of 1).
Most enemies (except a handful of exceptions) can now be affected by Weaken.
Many enemies that lost their Vulnerable immunity are now instead immune to Sneak Attack & some particular tough enemies will be immune at both.
- Certain Enemies (i.e are or count as Undead, Golem, Spirit, Plant, Ooze or Frosttouched) are now Immune to Sneak Attacks.
- Sneak Attack on non-Immune enemies will work exactly like before
- An attempt to Sneak Attack an immune Enemy will fail but won't Debuff any Concealment
- Blessed will additionally inflict Vulnerable Counters to the affected target equal to the Card Level + 1
- Extended rule is now: "Target Undead, Spirit or Demon suffers +x Damage & gets +(CL + 1) Vulnerable (regardless Immunity)"
- i.e Blessed 8 in Level 2 Card will Deal +8 Intense Damage & Inflict +3 Vulnerable counters (Regardless Enemy Immunity)
- Enemies Immune to Vulnerable don't lose this Immunity & cannot be affected by 'Inflict x Vulnerable' cards. But as long as the enemy has those Vulnerable counters you can increase them by effects that Adjust Vulnerable or trigger Conditional effects.
- Improved the less useful Bombs.
- Nerfed slightly the Silver Bombs
- Added a Holy Water Bomb.
Vanilla & DLC Enemy Statistics
You can now lookup Enemies based on their immunities. Using in Search Immunity[Effect]. i.e ImmunityWeaken etc. There is a varied distribution of the immunities and in every case you should have more than ways to deal & neutralize each threat.
With the expansion (348 Enemies + 65 Bosses (413)) the results were the following:
- 26 are immune to Weaken
- 30 are immune to Frozen
- 30 are immune to Entangled
- 56 are immune to Immobilized
- 59 are immune to Burning
- 87 are immune to Envenomed
- 88 are immune to Bleeding
- 101 are immune to Vulnerable
- 102 are immune to Sneak Attack
- 115 are immune to Bewitched
- Feed Response wasn't working properly
- Some immunities were only listed when viewing the enemy in the compendium but not when viewing those details in combat log.
- DLC: Regenerating Shield & Fire Aura II weren't displaying the correct Icon & Description