We hope everyone will enjoy this meaty update!
This major update revision to Contagion may break some old WWise audiobanks, if your map uses custom audiobanks. The reason is due we have updated WWise to fix some memory problems that the old version had.
We have also fixed the infamous shader crash, and split 2 maps in half because of memory shortage problems.
And we have finally completed Flatline! It's no longer in Beta, but that doesn't mean we are done with it. More changes and additions will be added later down the road!
More interesting things will come in the future! ːGoBoomː
The 10th Anniversary announcement will be posted later today, so expect some more news to come!
- Added the following maps:
- Added damage masks for Riot Zombie (head only)
- Added Riot Zombie helmet gibs
- Added new cvar (wsnd_mute_losefocus) to utilize "audio focus" mode
- Added new startup parameter (--noworkshop) to disable workshop
- Added a new trigger called info_safezone
- Added "DEV CONSOLE" button on the mainmenu, if Developer Console is enabled
- Added the option to refuse "weapon switch" on weapon pickup with cl_equipweapononpickup set to 0
- Added new entity shop_item to allow weapons to be bought from the store in Flatline Gamemode
- Added new entity info_zombie_spawn to spawn specific AI zombie types at the location of choice.
- Added a notification that shows up if you earn, lose, or buy something in Flatline Gamemode
- Added 6 new achievements
- Added the missing empty reload animations for MP5K, AR-15, AK74U, SCAR, SIG, 1911 and KG9
- We are aware of the missing sounds for empty reload, but this will be fixed right away once they get done!
- Added new VScript values:
- Added void ThePresident.ReadMapSavedInformation( bool bEnable ) | Enables map saved information.
- Added void ThePresident.SetMapSavedInformation( string name, string variable ) | Set map saved information.
- Added string ThePresident.GetMapSavedInformationValue( string name ) | Get map saved information.
- Added NetPropManager | Used to get/set entity network fields
Removed difficulty health from the zombies, to remove their bullet sponge effect (headshots only).
Removed old .cache and .manifest related for sounds, since Contagion does not use Miles
Fixed game crashes regarding shaders (if set to medium or higher)
Fixed Escape gamemode softlocking due to "zombie lives"
Fixed a crash related to the phone
Fixed a crash related to weapon highlight proxy
Fixed a crash related to flatline when trying to find its way to the shop
Fixed female zombies (common) having faulty leg damage masks for ZombieTestProxy
Fixed credits not working, due to it was trying to read the wrong search path
Fixed fast download not working at all
Fixed WWise memory leakage regarding to unloading and loading of audiobanks
Fixed the phone causing a crash after changing levels
Fixed the navmesh around the statue on ce_montclair
Fixed Mia and Yumi not using the female zombie voices
Fixed Curtis, Lawrence, Manuel, Mia and Yumi having a broken damage mask
Fixed biotec_generator not having a collision mesh
Fixed fireaxe being weaker than a golfclub
Fixed melee weapons acting like foam on flesh targets (basically, use a gun instead)
Fixed “path to shop” causing a crash if it finds nothing on Flatline
Fixed Flatline gamemode crashing on the last wave
Fixed where the displacement would stick through the basement in ce_harvest
Fixed where DLC weapons did not have any physics sound
Fixed Contagion Workshop publish / edit tool not working
Fixed filter_damage_type ignoring “BLAST” damage filter
Fixed contagionds.exe UI not working at all, and refusing to read the VPKS
Fixed crossbow ammo not dealing any damage when shooting at the head hitbox
Fixed crossbow ammo pack not giving 6, but 24
Fixed where you could drop weapons while climbing ladders (this would make the player turn into a T-Pose)
Fixed weapon_gasmask not muffling the sound when in use
Fixed a crash bug related to NextBot AI trying to call a non existent noisemaker object if their enemy target dies from a grenade, or any explosive material
Fixed faulty animations for Jessica and Nicole
Updated WWise 2014.1.4 >> 2015.1.9
Updated WWise soundbank file structure and reduced all the audio banks file sizes
- Note: Old soundbank structure for custom maps still work, so no extra changes required!
- Updated "Downloading workshop add-ons..." text to also include "mounting", to tell the clients that there are workshop content currently being mounted
- Updated Flatline gamemode, it’s no longer in BETA!
- Updated Flatline gamemode last wave, to notify the mapper if the logic_relay "flatline_escape" is missing, and if the info_gps for the extraction zone is missing
- Updated ch_unionstation
- Fixed the inconsistency between flatline and hunted versions
- Fixed the broken nav mesh
- Updated ce_roanokepd
- Fixed where key items would get stuck in the courtyard
- Updated ce_montclair
- *****Split montclair into 2 parts (ce_montclair and ce_montclair_partb). Note: Part B is hidden from the map selection.
- Updated ce_barlowesquare
- *****Split barlowesquare into 2 parts (ce_barlowesquare and ce_barlowesquare_02). Note: Second part is hidden from the map selection.
- Updated and changed the objectives around
- Updated the subway and truck escape route to be more intense
- Updated ce_harvest
- Fixed an exploit in the first floor of the house, in the living room, where the zombies can’t get to you.
- Updated cf_montclair
- Fixed an exploit near the bus, where the zombies couldn't get to you
- Fixed where the boltcutters never spawned after the 2nd round
- Updated Riot Zombie to support shooting their helmets off
- Updated the engine to support "audio focus" mode
- Updated Hammer Editor
- Fixed where the “picker” wouldn’t select the brush properly
- Fixed where it would sometimes fail to save, or cause the VMF to corrupt itself due to bad memory allocation
- Removed where it tries to add the folder “hl2”
- Updated Valve Model Viewer
- Removed everything related to GoldSrc (old/unused menu tabs)
- Fixed where hlmv refused to start properly
- Fixed Load / Merge Steam Model not working with VPKS properly
- Fixed a crash related to the “drag/rotation” helper calling an invalid object pointer
- Fixed a crash related to the "Center View" if there is no model present
- Updated VPK
- Added “ignorelist.vdf” support
- Added where it automatically ignores all .cache files
- Updated the lightmapped shaders to support Parallax Corrected Cubemaps
- Updated the Engine Binaries
- Updated the FGDs
- Updated hammer_run_launcher.exe, now you no longer need the full path for the game.
- Updated trigger_escape to allow “next level” change after escape (empty by default, restarts the round)
- Updated SCAR, Remington870, and M1 Garand firing sounds
- Updated Create Server advanced options
- Added toggle cheats
- Fixed where the settings wouldn’t save properly
- Updated the navigation on the following maps:
_Montclair and Barlowe has been split in half, due to memory problems. 32-bit software only has access to 3.5GB of memory, to save on memory, we have split the maps in half. Previously the maps took around 2.2~2.5GB which was not a great idea. Since we also use WWise, which loads the entirety of the audiobanks in 1 go, we had no more memory left when changing levels (Source Engine does not properly clean old data, known as memory, which is why around 50-200 MB may still be left on a map change).
**Extraction and Hunted versions of Barlowe Square has not been updated as of yet. Since they require some more tinkering to work right with the latest changes.
***The maps have also been connected together, which is why the trigger entity logicsafezone was created. It works similar, if not almost the same, as the safe room in L4D and L4D2. I took that idea and used it to save precious memory. Survivor items also transfer over to the new map, and this entity can be used by mappers as well to create new creative maps, or campaigns of their own.