Update 27 is here, and just in time for the holidays! This update is a big bag of both lesser and major goodies: We’ve wrapped up the last Machine Event and added a ton of small but significant improvements and features - and a new enemy also managed to make the cut!
And from all of us here at the office: All the best wishes and a happy New Year! Now get back to work!
- The Ghost Ship Team
--- PATCH NOTES ---
NEW MACHINE EVENT: OMEN MODULAR EXTERMINATOR
R&D came up with a brilliant idea for helping out our Pest Control teams: Project Omen - a vast network of interlinked Modular Extermination Towers, strategically inserted into caves all over Hoxxes. However, much to their regret, the Exterminators turned out to be just as dangerous to our own people as the bugs they were supposed to protect us against! So, the strategy is clear: Project Omen needs to be shut down. However… for security reasons, that can only be done through a… hands-on approach, by our esteemed ground teams.
Get in there, find and activate the Exterminator, engage the Maintenance Pads to expose the machine Cooling Tanks, and blow them to bits. Easy. Well, and you have to do so within a limited time window or the device goes into Lockdown.
PS: Do note, the Exterminators can be constructed from a variety of different modules, so for your personal safety, do take care to learn the patterns of each. R&D aren’t in the business of making kids’ toys, after all...
NEW ENEMY: GLYPHID OPPRESSOR
The Glyphid Oppressor is basically Veteran Glyphid Praetorian. It is a slow and extremely heavily armored tank - impossible to deal with from the front, but has a weak spot in the back. Up close, it deals a lot of damage and has a powerful area knockback attack. It can dig through the ground to get to you - Maneuverability is key to take it down this unstoppable beast.
LOADOUTS (COMMUNITY REQUEST)
Tweaking and modding your equipment has been a big thing in the game for a long time, and only got more complex with the introduction of Weapon Overclocks. So by popular demand, as well as our own, you can now set up and save up to three full loadouts for each of your dwarves!
NEW WEAPON SKIN
The FOURTH RELIC weapon skin can be found for all weapons in the Cargo Crates in the mines. It’s a callback to the past glory and greatness of the dwarf nation - adorn your boomsticks with golden ritual bands and clan insignia, and make your stand!
SMALL NEW ANIMATIONS
After introducing the recent pickup animations, we got inspired and have added a handful of other ones as well to better describe the actions happening. New animations added for:
- Ledge Grab
- Interacting with a Terminal
- Hanging pose when on a Zipline
- Throwing of carriable objects
- ...and maybe some more?
GAMEPLAY AND BALANCE TWEAKS
- The Warning Shield Disruption will now give a smaller Health bonus.
- Enemies now back out of active Shields instead of turning around and running away exposing their weak butts.
- Glyphid Guards and Praetorians have had their Resistances to Temperature and Stun increased, making them a bit tougher to kill.
- Glyphid Guard has had its health increased.
- Glyphid Bulk Detonators unfreeze faster and when if they die while frozen they now explode with a nonlethal shockwave.
- Jadiz and Enor pearl can now be found in Cargo Crates and are being dropped by the Hooli Hoarder.
- Stepping over loose chunks of Minerals makes them float to you instead of just popping away.
WEAPON MODS & OVERCLOCKS BALANCE
- Fixed the fire rate ramp-up mechanic so that the Lighter Barrel Assembly mod now works correctly and the weapon's top rate of fire can be displayed in the weapon stats as rounds per second instead of a percentage.
- Replaced the Quickfire Ejector mod with a Magazine Capacity mod.
- The Damage Resistance at Full RoF mod now displays a shield icon when it is active and the resistance amount can be seen in the weapon stats.
BEARDS & ARMORS
R&D has been very busy cooking up a solutions to ensure heavy beards and heavy armor can coexist in peace and harmony. Facial hair and combat suits are not natural friends, but now selecting a large beard will custom fit your heavy armor to make sure there is room for all that bushy glory.
This solution is not fully implemented yet! But our team of armorers and barbers are working round the clock to get all combinations of beard and armor looking their best.
NEW CAVE CONTENT
We have once again turned our attention to the caves and will be improving the variety of the special formations and flora that you can find down in the depths. For this update, we have added just a few new things to Fungus Bogs and The Salt Pits but there is more on the way.
In the coming updates more will be added all over the place.
- All beers now have unique beer mugs! Beer just tastes better when it’s looking fancy!
- (COMMUNITY REQUEST) Unlocking a new beer now triggers Lloyd to serve up a free round - Only fair since you spend all the time collecting the beer ingredients.
UI & HUD
We are doing a lot of minor visual improvements all over the UI and HUD and will continue to do so in the coming time. For now, we’ve been focusing on making Unlocks and Rewards feel more satisfying and informative.
- The mission map has received parallax scrolling to make it feel more dynamic
- Ammo Status UI has been updated and better shows your ammo status
MISC. & FIXES
- Mixer Integration now works again and can be enabled in the Options menu, and only Hosts can activate Mixer input
- Item names in the Employee Wardrobe are now centered again
- Fixed “Lead Storm” Powered Minigun ammo display off by 1
- Added Notifications to new Schematics at the Forge
- Fixed Cosmetic count in the Accessory Shop not matching actual purchasable items
- Random Mission names can now be translated if it makes sense
- Minehead can no longer spawn on top of Machine Events during Point Extraction missions
- Various typos and spelling errors fixed
- Fixed case of terrain generation crash when in Dense Biozone
- A bunch of enemies formerly not giving you Health on death when using the Vampire Perk now correctly gives you Health.
- Fixed a rare bug that prevented some assignments from being started before the main one has been completed
- You can no longer Sprint while carrying an item if your run speed is boosted above normal.
- Aquarq and Dystrum icons updated to look less alike
- Rebalanced Community Goals after this month’s results
- Fixed a bug that prevented the player from backing out of a Terminal with ESC after purchasing an upgrade
- Fixed a bug with an infinite loop of audio that occured when crafting resources and closing the reward display before it is done
- Fixed a bug where interrupting the Beer Unlock animation by pressing ESC/X could trigger an everlasting audio glitch that was only resolved by restarting the game
- Beer Ingredients no longer spawn in the Tutorial biome
- Fixed a bug with public sessions still being listed on the Server List for 30 seconds after the player changed it to a solo game
- Increased the damage done to enemies by falling stalactites and exploding plants
- Reduced the performance impact of crevasses opening up during earthquakes in Magma Core
- Fixed a bug which would reduce zone color caused by reentering the Mission Terminal after unlocking a new biome
- Fixed Third Person reload for “Stubby” Voltaic SMG
- Increased the size and improved the readability of the Laser Pointer’s display
- Fixed a bug that caused large terrain cubes to form when removing floating mineral chunks
- Fixed incorrect stat display for the recoil reduction of the Floating Barrel mod on the “Bulldog” Heavy Revolver
- Fixed EPC side charge indicators not working with some skins
- Fixed a bug with Nayaka Trawlers not giving health when using Vampire perk
- Mactera now flee out of the Gunner’s shield
- Added a safeguard that prevents Machine Events from spawning too close to the Salvage Mission Escape Pod
- The drills on the broken Escape Pod in Salvage no longer kill enemies