The meatiest metroidvania around, A Robot Named Fight!, is back with another FREE UPDATE! Explore a new alternate area, complete with two new bosses, new enemies, and new items. Plus, you can face off against molemen with friends or alone with new options for deathmatch mode. The update is now available!
New Area, Bosses, and Enemies
The update introduces the Crystal Mines: a shiny alternate area featuring two new bosses, 80 new rooms, new music, and eight new enemy types. There are 11 new items to snag, including the Hellfire Cannon, a fireball gatling gun that sets enemies and terrain ablaze. Unlock new achievements to discover items like the Phase Shell, which allows you to phase through thin floors and walls.
Molemen in Deathmatch
This update also introduces the ability to add AI-controlled molemen opponents to games of deathmatch. With the fall of robot civilization, molemen have started infesting every nook and cranny of the robots’ domain. The number and spawn rate of molemen is customizable, and this addition allows for single-player deathmatch mode. (But, trust us… it’s even more fun to team up with friends to face these foes!)
Patch Notes 18.104.22.168
- Fixed multiple issues that would cause projectiles to twist on the z axis causing them to draw skewed.
- Added space to "Bounce Bolt" in menus
- Fixed bug that prevent explosions from damaging destructible blocks
- Many enemies that didn’t drop pickups drop pickups now
- Fixed issue with boss backgrounds not fading out after boss is defeated
- Tall Walkers Spawn pick ups when killed now
- Confusion Effect now cause music to slow down rather than reverse to fix issues with streaming audio.
- Fixed issue with traversal paths that would allow user to circumvent locks or on rare occasions generate unsolvable maps
- Fixed issue where phaserang wouldn't appear after explosive bolt or rocket launcher
- And Many More! (I didn’t do a great job of issue tracking this time)
[h3]New Area! Crystal Mines[/h3]
- 2 New Bosses
- 8 New Enemies
- 80 New Rooms
- New Music
- New Secret Achievement To Unlock
- Skin Deviler
- Corrupted Miner
- Bioplasma Flesh Cherub
- Pipe Spitter
- Wandering Slimer
- Baby Latcher
- Gross Pillar
- Shelled Eye Chomper
- Flame Spewer
[h3]New Items (*has achievement)[/h3]
- HTS Chip
- Crystal Shell*
- Hazard Shell*
- Scrap Booster
- Health Booster
- Hellfire Cannon*
- Hive Bolt
- Orphiel's Altar*
- Burst Pauldrons
- Energy Boots
- Joystick controls made closer to d-pad controls.
- Deadlock Boots stop the effect of ice.
- Bursts from Bright Shell and Heat Shell scale with damage stat.
- Chomp Frogs only spawn 2 enemies at a time.
- Gravitator Behavior tweaked (Ooze Hart Form 2, Flesh Cherubs, Beast Guts Eyes)
- Improved AI for Molemen
- Molotov Moleman now targets player
- More details in Buried City
- Sine Fish no longer appear in the Buried City (many have been replaced with molemen)
- Options to add AI molemen to Deathmatch
- Attack Delay now formatted as ".NN" as opposed to "N.N" if it is less that 1