A new weekly update is live! One of the biggest changes is the long-awaited improvement to the “Valley of Death” Tournament formula. From now on, every tourney will be different thanks to the several new game modes added to reduce the repetition – read below for details!
Also, there are further improvements to the combat system and controller, balance tweaks, quality of life improvements and various bug fixes. Check them out!
See you in battle!
“Valley of Death” Tournament:
From now on, every single VoD will be different – thanks to the new game modes! At the beginning of each tournament, a game mode will be selected randomly, preventing repetition. Each modifier has its own set of additional rules which will have impact on viable tactics, i.e. bonus points for controlling the central flag – or no central flag at all! Or modified respawning rules, or… many more, so check them on your own!
– Introduced new tournament modes – besides a classic tournament, there are 12 new modes which modify some of the tournament rules or add new ones, so every tournament will promote different tactics and playstyle; the mode is selected randomly at the beginning of each tournament from the following ones:
- Classic: the good old classic set of tournament rules
- Minor Flags Hunting: minor flags generate 2x more points
- Killing House: Flags generate only 1 point but kills generate 5x more points for the nation
- Tie Break: gain 200 points more than enemies to win before the time ends
- Hold The Flag!: Flags generate points only if the defender is nearby but the maximum score is decreased to 300
- King Of The Hill: Each nation's top-score player generates 3x more points for the nation for kills\nKilling the enemy top-score player generates 10x more points for the nation\nThe maximum score is increased to 500
- Catch'em All!: capture all the flags to win before the time ends
- Regroup!: all killed participants respawn at the same time, once every 30 seconds
- One To Rule Them All: capture the central flag to win before the time ends but capturing time of the middle flag is increased by 30 seconds
- Invasion: a random nation controls all flags from the beginning and receives 2x more points from them, plus this nation can move on the map before opening the ways but this nation can't re-capture any flags
- Blood Bath: no health regeneration, bandaging or first aid – prove your real skills or die!
- Wingman – there is no central flag but all the minor flags generate 1.5x more points
Other changes related to the “Valley of Death” tournament:
– Updated the tournament registration interface
– Updated one of the tournament respawn points, since it allowed players to leave the spawn area before the tournament has started
Controller & Combat:
– Introduced diving – when diving, stamina drain is doubled and movement is 25% slower
– From now on, the stacks of cleave effect are diminishing when hitting the friendly players, until having only the last one of them – thanks to this change, the combat will become more tactical and fighting in one big so called "zerg blob" will be less efficient
– Updated the damage values dealt by the NPCs when shooting bows
Quality of Life:
– Updated the player looting system in order to solve the reported problems causing that the looting time used to end sooner than displayed on the interface, which was caused by the multi-layer security preventing from exploiting this system – the scale of the problem used to increase greatly with the ping spikes on the player’s end; the entire system has been significantly optimized, so we hope to hear back from you that these problems are gone!
– Updated the collisions of player-built furnaces to prevent players from getting on top of them, which could be used to reach elevated areas
– Updated the resources available in the mines of Guild Castles, so GCs of the same tiers now have comparable mining resources (Leaktown, Twinfall and Order of the Original Faith’s Keep for tier 2, and castles Audunstede, Skergard and Aquitania for tier 3), which improves the Guild Castles balance
– From now on, the crafting events in the capital cities are available after reaching level 40 to reduce the information spam for new players who usually aren’t ready to complete such events
– From now on, the crafting events in the PVP areas are available after reaching level 90 to prevent a situation when a player would reach the high-risk areas before getting ready for it, and to eliminate an exploit when a player would reach the event area right as it starts with a character from an alternative account – this shouldn’t be a problem for actual crafters, since it’s an end-game content and most of the dedicated crafters have already leveled up their characters
– Improved the training arena by adding a path between the main arena and the stands at the 1v1 small arenas
– Restored the missing Guild Recruitment Board in Mereley
– Added the basic Food and Herbs Merchants to all nation-controlled farms and added the Novice’s Sickle to their assortment, so you won’t have to go back to the capital for seeds and basic tools when farming
– Removed the Bucket of Water from the assortment of Food and Herbs Merchants
– Increased the vendor price of the Bucket of Water to make collecting water from wells equally effective to purchasing them from vendors
– Minor server-side optimization improvements
– Fixed the reported bugs causing the quest markers being displayed wrong or not being displayed at all
– Fixed displaying the name and description of the player-build pots with boiling oil
– Fixed an edge-case bug which could prevent players from logging it
– Fixed a bug causing that a player hit by a battering ram received double damage
– Fixed a bug causing that unstucking wasn’t interrupted if it was started on autorun
– Fixed an edge-case bug which could prevent players from taking the quest reward from Haldor in the Ismirean starting quests
– Improvements to switching to the underwater effect
– FIxed displaying the informations about player-built barricades