Happy 1 year anniversary of Buddinpals releasing on Steam! It may have been in November, but the last time this game had an update was right here in December.
THANK YOU to all who have purchased and played the game so far!! This is the first time I've ever made a game I've sold, in software I've never finished anything in before. So naturally, the game really needed a face-lift, and I wish it didn't take this long to overhaul everything, but we're finally here!
There's lots of new stuff to check out - and now the next thing on my list is to double the game's content, which, the rest of the game is all planned out. This will probably also boost the game's price times two as well, bringing it to $5.99 by then! I hope that's a fair price.
(And to all who have purchased and will purchase it at $3.99, thank you for believing in me. <3)
Q: So why did it take this long to update the game?
A: Discouragement during development, life getting in the way, and a creative rut. But now that the ball is rolling full-steam again, I just need to move on and not let that dev time get to me. Commercial indie games was new for me!
Q: What's new, pussycat?
A: Rude. But here's a basic rundown:
- The game now runs in GameMaker Studio 2 (And the 3D minigame's code functionality went with it...it's now 2D (But as a trendy restaurant might say on their Closed sign: "Still awesome".)
- New Bonus Features menu
- A Jukebox to unlock after beating New Game+
- Fleek's appearance is now to take an item of your choice from your SHOP! Oh my!
- A Progress Map! The game's now organized and you know what's going on.
- Daily Rewards to utterly tantalize you
- Some new items for good measure (But Update 4 should bring mooooore with game content x2)
- Seeeeecret Items! There's only one right now but Update 4 should bring...at least more than one, but not more than 4
- You can now play a minigame of your choice in Party Mode now, as well as a random one
- The Buddinboy Broadcast Podcast
- Pause menus in minigames that needed them
- Just, a WHOLE BUNCH of touch-ups, nerfs and fixes and the like. Just so many.
Q: Should I report bugs to you on social media?
A: YES! PLEASE report bugs you find in this update to me. I'm assuming they're gonna be there! But I'll be right on any that pop up.
Q: So what's next?
A: Update 4, to add more items and double the game's content - finalizing the game leaving something I'll be truly proud of. This should be quicker to do as it's planned out, and already in progress a bit! Once that is done, I'll be right on schedule to bring Buddinpals to the Nintendo Switch with GrimTalin (Look!! The game's on their site slated for 2020!). I'll also hope to get the game on iOS and Android relatively soon and give it Update 4 once it's finished. But the Nintendo Switch release will come after Update 4's done in 2020.
Q: Wait nintendo switch???
Q: Ok cool, I'll be patient.
A: I know you will, you already were for this update.