A bug-fix patch (version 220.127.116.11) is now available for Stardew Valley, which fixes some of the bugs found since the launch of 1.4. Here are some of the more important fixes:
- MULTIPLAYER: Fixed an issue where farmhand's separate wallets would be reset to 500g if the host was playing on Mac or Linux
- Fixed problem harvesting crops with the [spoiler]golden scythe[/spoiler].
- Added a new Gamepad Mode selection to the options menu. The default setting ("Auto") will automatically switch between keyboard and mouse controls depending on the last used input (this should be fine for most players). "Force on" forces the game to use gamepad logic, similar to earlier versions of Stardew Valley. "Force off" disables the gamepad and can be used if you only play the game using a keyboard and mouse.
- Fixed bug where you could warp into the [spoiler]sewer[/spoiler] on your horse, causing you to warp into the void.
- Fixed a bug where Clint would attempt to upgrade your weapon (he can't), causing your tool to be lost.
- Fixed a problem where farmhands who disconnected while leveling up could miss out on their level up perks.
- Fixed a soft-lock scenario in shop menus. You can also now buy recipes with a full inventory.
- [spoiler] Trash bear [/spoiler] no longer appears on festival days, preventing a potential crash.
- Fixed a crash when checking the calendar while engaged to another farmer that is currently disconnected from the game.
- You can now purchase the museum rarecrows from the night market after you've unlocked them.
- Various controller fixes
- Many more bug fixes, see link below if you're interested!
You can see a full changelog here: https://www.stardewvalley.net/1-4-bugfix-patch/
Hopefully, if you've encountered any bugs so far in 1.4, they will be resolved with this patch. If not, please share details of the issue in the comments below.
I hope you are enjoying the 1.4 update so far!
Thanks for playing