It's been over a year since I started working on the game, first as a simple little app to simulate how the systems might work, to giving it a very rough UI, to adding features and mechanics, and even potential modding support (way down the line!), it's been crazy.
I'm excited and nervous at the same time, the last game I put out was a little brick breaker but Tactics is becoming something several times more complex and is all kinds of challenging to build. I've learned a lot, and I can't wait to see how the next year of development will look with your feedback!
I hope that I can put up a free demo version of the game so that you can give me feedback as easily as possible, but only time will tell. I figure it makes sense to make the game as accessible as possible while it's being built.
There's so much left to do, so I'm going to get back to it! A special thanks to Dopamine, Cablenexus and everyone else for giving me so much constructive feedback over the last betas on Discord, it means a lot!
Oh, here's a changelog for all the latest changes for everyone who's been playing for the last little while:
Changelog For December 2nd 2019 v21
Highlights: Early Access Release! More art, prettier UI, tons of tweaks
- Can now click on itinerary entries to get a better idea of what they do
- Can now click on the construct outpost entry to view its cost, in addition to hovering over its button in the dropdown
- Add an confirm modal when aborting to make it clear what you're doing when you abort your active Excursion (similar to looping)
- Action button on the main screen now tells you which Ensemble has actions to take
- Use new event screen layout with pretty art
- Make the quest complete popup prettier
- Add padding for 'remove equipped weapon'
- Tweak weapon stat layouts when selecting a weapon in the loadout screen
- Tweak armor stat layouts when selecting a weapon in the loadout screen
- Tweak spell stat layouts when selecting a weapon in the loadout screen
- Add portraits to swapping unit positions
- Add border to unit images in the loadout screen
- Add a background in the left of the loadout screen to hint where you should click to close the menu
- Reword ambush choice text to make it clear you can't sneak by
- Moved changelog and discord buttons out of the world screen and into the main menu
- Changelog no longer pops up on first load of a new build, instead flashes the button
- Show building construction costs when you click on it to build without enough resources
- Buildings cost more resources as you construct more of them
- Optimized startup time
- Fix text alignment issue when inspecting an actor
- Reword some of the first-load welcome text
- Change 'automatically' to 'manually' on chapel corpses
- Add missing comma and whitespace in various event texts
- Fix location dropdown not being clickable by moving it upwards when it would have been clipped by the border (ie anything on the bottom quarter of the map)
- Fix loadout screen not opening when clicking on portraits on the world map screen
- Fix events sometimes having buttons without any text
- Should be invisible to the player, but started moving events into data files so that they might one day be moddable!
- Fix clouds not moving to reveal new unlocked zone