Early Access Soul Scarred Update (v0.32) Notes
Good afternoon and Happy Holidays everyone,
PLEASE READ: This week’s update sees a big change to the core mechanics of the game to make players feel more empowered early in the game and to encourage the use of all 3 Heroes in battle each turn.
As always, check out the notes below, play the game and let us know your thoughts on Discord. We’d love to know what y’all think!
The first non-trivial (zero-cost) card played each turn now costs -1 Willpower.
The cost of affected cards is shown in green.
Soul Scarred balance changes
Many enemies now have increased health to compensate for the increased power of the player’s party
Slightly increased enemy numbers.
Powers now have a variable Defend value (shown on the lower-left of the card).
Many powers now only grant 1 Defence, but some will grant 3.
- ‘Versatile’ (Assassin) – Reduced cost to 1 (from 2).
- ‘Calming Presence’ (Warlord) – Updated effect to ‘Each other friendly Hero draws 1 extra card at the end of your turn.’
- Elven Necromancer – Summons now start with +2 health.
- Updated event choice priorities so you will get food more often when you need it.
- Fixed ‘Demonic Pact’ dealing 3 damage each turn (it should deal 2) (it was benefiting from its own attack bonus!).
- Fixed damage calculations from ‘Static Discharge’ and ‘Evocation’.
- Fixed hang when you have a choice to draw from more cards than are currently in your deck.