This update adds some stuff for new games, and another batch of bug fixes. Initially this update was going to be larger, but it was running long so I had to call it done so I could push some of these fixes out and not keep Freelancers still waiting to get paid.
Since the last update I have moved across the country and got settled into a new town, and I admit, I didn't put as many hours into this as I normally do. I apologize I didn't have more done on this update and sooner but I was . Rest assured I'm back into the swing of things.
- Upgraded to Unreal 4.22 to take advantage of the newer features.
- New game intro cut-scene. Now this is my first crack at a proper cut-scene complete with unpaid amateur voice acting. It will be refined as we move along in development and I master the art of movie-making.
- Started building an exterior scene. You'll finally get a glimpse outside the bunker during the intro scene, but the full exterior scene(s) won't be accessible until a future update when it's complete.
- Rebuilt the aptitude test from the ground up to include much more explanations about game mechanics. Also added the option to skip the test completely.
- Upgraded the "chat" and email mechanics to flow smoother and allow for proper conversations.
- Added a blinking light to the monitor when there are unread emails. This change was made mostly to direct new players on where to go when they wake up in the bunker for the first time.
- Laid the ground-work for the expanded company simulation and updated quest system, but chose to put a pin in them instead so this update wasn't delayed further.
- Operations will no longer be offered for Ravencore attributes that have reach level 5 (the max).
- Fixed a bug preventing Freelancers from getting paid when turning in a contract, and getting confirmations from Ravencore.
- Fixed the addiction pop-up from listing the cost twice, and in two different currencies.
- Fixed a minor typo in the BypassCheckpoint tutorial description.
- Fixed an exploit that would make you invulnerable if you entered the Net with 0 Masking and 0 Body. Now you will crash immediately.