The new 1.4 update for Stardew Valley is now available! As usual, this update is completely free for anyone who owns Stardew Valley. It's always fun & exciting to share new content with you, and I really hope you enjoy discovering all the new stuff.
This update not only adds new content and features to the game, but improves the gameplay experience with a ton of "quality of life" features... including some popular & long-standing requests from the community. There's also an enormous amount of bug fixes and some optimizations improvements--in short, the game is more polished than ever. I hope this update will greatly improve your Stardew Valley experience, and make your time in the valley even more joyful, seemless, and fun.
Below is a very, very condensed version of the 1,4 changelog, with spoilers hidden.
1.4 Changelog (Condensed Version):
- A new [spoiler] mystery to the abandoned JojaMart [/spoiler]...
- Added some more character events... including a new 14-heart event for every spouse.
- Added Fish Ponds, a new farm building that allows you to raise fish and harvest a variety of items from them.
- Added a new farm map: Four Corners
- Added a [spoiler]tailoring & clothing system[/spoiler]
- Over 60 new items, some fun, some practical and some powerful
- Added 24 new hairstyles, 181 new shirts, 35 new hats, [spoiler]14 new pants[/spoiler], and 2 new boots
- Added the ability to [spoiler]invite a certain friend to be your "Housemate"[/spoiler]
- Junimo Kart has been almost completely re-done
- You can now choose from 3 cat breeds & 3 dog breeds.
- Added a new end-game farm building
- Sheds can be upgraded to double their interior size
- Added a [spoiler]Desert Trader[/spoiler]
- Added 2 new monsters and 2 new alternative levels to the mines
- A new type of upgrade at the Blacksmith's
- An emote menu for your farmer (default key is Y)
- The social tab now keeps track of villagers' likes and dislikes (click on a villager's icon)
- Marlon can now recover an item for you after getting knocked out in the mines
- You now have the option to play multiplayer with separate money coffers, instead of shared.
- Huge amount of Quality of Life improvements, like being able to stack "big" items (like kegs), or seeing the Junimo Note icon pulse when hovering over an item that's required for a bundle.
- 14 new music tracks!
- Hundreds of bug fixes
Again, please keep in mind this is a highly condensed version of the changelog that leaves out a lot of details. The actual changelog is much too long to paste here, but if you'd like to see the complete, spoiler-filled version, please check out this link.
I hope you have fun with the new update, and as always, thanks for playing Stardew Valley!