This update introduces the new game plus mode for the main campaign.
New Game Plus
As of this update, after completing the campaign on any difficulty a new mode for the campaign is unlocked. The New Game Plus can be accessed when starting a new campaign by chosing "New Game Plus" as the difficulty level.
Some of the key differences between New Game Plus and other difficulty levels are:
- AI opponents play to the best of their abilities and choose the best units available to them;
- There are no restrictions on technologies from the very start of the campaign;
- The maximum number of unit slots is available on every map;
- Research Data locations are randomized.
New Game Plus difficulty is the hardest difficulty currently available for the campaign. There's now an additional achievement for completing the campaign on this difficulty.
Other changes included with this update:
- Balance changes: enemy units can no longer be lifted up with skymagnets unless under influence of an EMP.
- Minor bug fixes and improvements.