Early update this week due to the holidays in the USA later this week. Lots of quality of life improvements in this update.
We have been spending a lot of time watching people play Rekindling and something that people always seem to get confused about is the different game modes. So we took away the options for the game modes on the main menu and added them as a sub menu on the 'new game' menu. It should be more clear what game mode you are picking now and what it does.
We have also reworked the mouse hover tooltips. World objects will now say what they are and what they are made of when you hover over them. This should help new players learn what all the Items are and how to get them.
We have tweaked a lot of the mouse interactions to feel nicer and smoother. With small things like showing the dimensions on placing zones and when you are selecting large areas. Other mouse things like right clicking not working when you are not on the default mouse mode are fixed.
Lastly we have added bricks and moved some things on the research tree to accommodate for this. You now need bricks to build the brick looking wall (makes sense to me). You can make bricks by refining stone into bricks.
Congratulations to MasterGamingVR for being the leaderboard winner for this chunk of updates. The leaderboards have been reset so go get that top spot before mastergamingvr gets first for the 3rd time.
Lots of stuff in this update was inspired by you guys (most of it not mentioned above but tried to include all the changes below). Keep the feedback up and let us know what we are doing wrong and doing right.
Full(ish) patch notes below
- Added hover info on all objects and items
- Added Dimensions when placing, or selecting an area
- Added game mode selection to the start game menu
- Added bricks
- Changed science tree slightly to have the miner unlocked later
- Changed Walls -> brick walls and they now require bricks to make.
- Changed item and object names to look nicer
- Changed people will now go to eat and drink in freetime
- Changed Pickup jobs to have a default lower priority
- Changed you can only get Steam achievements in survival mode now.
- Fixed hitting the autopickup or jobs menu button not toggling the view
- Fixed allowing jobs to be placed outside the map
- Fixed clicking on the edge of the map making things wonky
- Fixed jobs that are chained jobs not showing on the screen that they are in progress
- Fixed texture overlap on crafting menu
- Fixed storage and waste notifations spamming when there is not enough storage/waste