Update 1.0.3 is now available for Planet Zoo and contains over 400 fixes and updates! We've condensed all those fixes down into this bitesize bundle of information to make things easier for you! You'll find a number of fixes for crashes, water treatment balancing, and a load of new options for Sandbox Mode so you can focus more on your animals' happiness!
Here are the Update Notes:
Planet Zoo - 1.0.3 Update Notes
This update contains over 400 fixes and updates.
- Further crash and stability fixes.
- Fixed crash on frontend.
Added a series of new options to customise your play -
Death by old age
Staff happiness degradation
Staff energy degradation
Animal welfare needs
Maximise guest happiness
Freeze guest needs
Guest limit setting now added to sandbox and challenge mode too.
Unlocked assets in scenarios when they are loaded in sandbox and challenge mode.
Fixed issue with assets grouped with guest entrances not being able to be deleted.
Balanced water treatment facilities. They should now clean dirty water more effectively.
- Fixed bug with the inspector incorrectly reporting dehydrated and starving animals.
- Fixed animals being able to be dehydrated whilst swimming.
- Fixed bug when cancelling an animal move from the vet surgery which could cause the animal to become stuck.
- Fixed bug whereby small animals navigating over scenery could end up inside it.
- Fixed issue where animals could become stuck in vet surgery when player cancels moving them whilst they are receiving treatment.
- Balanced exhibit animal defecation rates.
- Various animation fixes and polish.
- Fixed issue when entering and exiting Ansel whilst in orbit camera the camera could relocate to a distant point.
- Suspended high grazer occupancy increased from 1 to 4 animals.
- Fixed bug with small barrel feeder which could cause the keeper to flip upside down when refilling it.
- Added staff thought for staff that can't reach their workzone.
- Fixed further staff animation issues.
- Fix for vendor becoming stuck when undoing deletion of a shop.
- Fixed protesters and some guests in queues not fleeing escaped animals.
- Fixed bug causing guests to sometimes pop in to the air whilst walking.
- Updated the layout of scenario 4, adding staff buildings, staff and path layout, and lowered objective requirements.
- Updated workzones in scenario 5 and reduced gold objective requirements.
- Further balancing of scenario 7.
- Fixed further instance that could cause pressing 'X' to stop toggling between rotate and movement modes.
- Added notifications for keepers in workzones which don't contain exhibits or habitats.
- Fixed 'Release to wild' option being available on animal info panel for animals that have been bought for cash.
- Fixed bug causing the time/weather UI close 'X' button to become unresponsive.
- Fixed issue where 'Navigable Area' would not update on an animal's info panel whilst it was climbing.
- Fixed bug where typing in the loan repayment amount was being reset to the lowest repayments.
- Reduced amount of notifications for exhibit animals mating.
- Added option to hide blueprints in browser categories.
- Updated 'sort' setting in various UI to be retained when switching between tabs.
- Fixed bug when selecting certain areas of the globe in the frontend could cause the globe to flip upside-down.
- Fixed missing 'Call Mechanic' button on transport station info panel.
- Fixed bug with 'Send to Storage' button sometimes being inactive in animal info panel.
- Fixed misreporting of food costs on habitat info panel.
- Added fanfare for community challenge rewards.
- Improved performance when moving train via multiselect button.
- Bins and donation boxes should now be easier to place on undulating terrain.
- Fixed missing torso when using avatar costumes on slim female avatars.
Various bug fixes and polish, including -
- Added new ambient music tracks.
- Tweaked the “eeuw” reaction behaviour to pooping.
- Added a sub mix for headphones / stereo.
- More crowd variations and individual reactions.
- UI mix pass and additional audio.
- Fixed an issue with ambient speakers self-obstructing and muffling the sound.
- More variations to animal sounds
- Various localisation fixes.
Thank you for your continued support and for sharing all your amazing screenshots and animal habitats!