Beta 4.8 includes some changes to combat based on your feedback and the option to lower texture resolutions for those with closer to min-spec PCs.
- If you attack when your target is too far away to hit, but another monster is in melee range, that monster will now be hit by your attack as long as you are facing it. Your target will always take priority however, so once the target is back in melee range, all attacks will focus back on that monster.
- Monsters attack slightly more often. I'm going to be tweaking this over time. Right now monsters are probably a bit too easy, but I'd rather start there and then gradually up the difficulty. I feel pretty good about this change, so would love to hear your feedback!
- Goblins now have a chance to perform a special "triple stab" attack. When they do this, each attack is half the damage of their normal attack, but if you take all three hits it hurts more than the regular attack! The goblins in the tutorial do not do this attack. This attack can be blocked, but each block will use stamina. I'll be adding more special attacks to other monsters and adding the Brutes back in as well.
- Added a texture quality slider to allow you to lower the texture resolution in the game. This can help improve performance on PCs near the min spec.
- Optimized the game more when using the best performance trees and the closest camera distance. Again, should help improve performance when using those settings.
- You can now set the shadow distance and the grass detail distance all the way to zero to help improve performance even more.
-Jonathan "Calandryll" Hanna
- My Twitter: https://twitter.com/SuperSixStudios
- Discord Channel: discord.gg/8326Jef