Tons of great new features, content, and of course many fixes have arrived -- with the latest SimAirport update which we're releasing now! ːsteamhappyː
Developer Live Stream - 11/27/2019 @ 11AM
We will continue the live-streaming tradition to coincide with this big new update -- come and join us next week to ask questions, provide your suggestions, or even just to hang out and talk! :)
Patch Notes - The Big Stuff
Remote gates are a new type of Aircraft Gate that can be located remotely, away from the terminal, and served by buses. Several new objects and vehicles have been added to accommodate the new functionality; here are the details of this new feature:
- To start off you'll need an Apron Bus in a Hangar of your choice (it must be connected to the road or taxiway network still!).
- Remote gates can be placed anywhere and do not require the usual terminal door, buses will drive onto it from the taxiway and will drive off using the taxiway or a road on the normally terminal side of the gate.
- To transfer passengers you'll need a remote bus pickup, a structure that handles arrival and departure passengers for a remote gate, it'll need a road connection on one side and terminal on the other.
- The bus pickup can be used with one or two doors, if you use two you can select which one will be used for arrival and which one for departure passengers.
Full Modding Support - Objects, Graphics, and Code!
It took a bit longer than expected, and there will almost surely be some additional APIs requested, but we're extremely excited to be releasing major new modding capabilities which have now tested for quite some time over on the Edge branch.
'Placeable Objects' mod support. You can create new in-game objects, add your own graphics, and do pretty much anything you want -- from simple "copies" of existing objects to objects that create entirely new mechanics.
Custom Code mod support. You can now load your own code and take advantage of APIs to run your own logic -- create new mechanics, give yourself unlimited cash, modify existing gameplay, and much more. Tons of possibilities!
Graphics / Texture Overrides support. It is now very easy to bring your own graphics and artistic creations directly into the game; you can quite easily replace any existing art to customize your experience.
All With Workshop Support! All of the mod functionality, both what was existing and all of the new stuff added in this update, is compatible with the Steam Workshop! You can easily share your own mods with the community, and play mods created by others!
Head over to the modding repo on GitHub where you can learn the basics and dive right in. We're always here if you have any questions or requests, too!
Multiple Dropoff & Pickup Zones
You can now place up to 3 dropoff and pickup zones; all zones will get their own bus.
This means you can completely separate the two, without buses re-spawning if they only reached one zone. You can even add completely separated terminals with their own pickup/dropoff zones!
Note: Upgraded buses do not spawn two buses per interval anymore! Make sure your transport capacity is high enough with these changes!
Queue Tools: Major UI/UX Improvements
- Draw full queues in one "drag" -- no longer does it restrict you a straight-line per draw!
- Queues now show "Head" and "Tail" as well as their length at each piece while drawing, should remove any confusion regarding where the start/end of the queue is.
- Shift+Click with the 'Remove Queue' tool now removes the whole queue; no more following piece-by-piece anymore.
Full List - All Additions, Changes, and Fixes
- Added a hint when hitting the maximum ownable area
- Added several missing translations
- Improved quick-select to be able to pick in-construction floor.
- Added ATC callouts for landing and takeoff.
- Added small remote gate and bus pickup.
- Added warning for conference room to be behind a reception zone.
- Airlines will now have a minimum trust unless their facility needs are not met.
- Improved queue tool, you can now drag in any direction while making a new queue or extending an existing one.
- Added shift+click on queue removal to remove the whole queue.
- Modifications to entertainment/boredom effects for Electronic vending to make it more popular. Default price slightly reduced to also help.
- PA Systems no longer need assigning to each gate, and announcements will be made to every speaker. They still require assignment to amplifiers.
- Up to 3x dropoff and 3x pickup zones. One bus will be spawned for each of the zones, and pax will be much more intelligent in deciding which to get off that. This includes LRTs. May cause far away LRTs and dropoff zones to become unused. The distance is worked out based on how far away the nearest security zone is.
- Upgraded Buses still doubles the capacity to 150, but no longer spawns a second. However, with the higher zone count you'll see up to 6 buses at once!
- Improved escape mechanisms so stuck pax are less likely.
- Added text to show speed of moving walkways.
- Security zone error messages improved.
- Limit the maximum number of passenger cars that can be spawned at once to help avoid endless traffic congestion.
- Improved purchase chance on all products to increase sales, and balanced the attraction of them better to avoid rushes on candy and book stores.
- Trains spawn pax up to twice as fast to improve traffic flow.
- Improved pathfinding algorithm accuracy - you should see more pax using crosswalks and avoiding slower obstacles!
- Fuel tanker trucks from the outside world are sped up when unloading at fuel depots. They also only spawn the amount of fuel needed for all connected fuel tanks.
- LRT Station now shows "Requires Ground Floor" as a requirement when placing.
- Distance calculations (which should include Dropoff-Terminal distances) take into account moving walkways as being faster or "shorter distance".
- Schedule-staff objects stop using staff when they are no longer functioning.
- Added an additional tooltip for the remote bag scanner. Advice: they work at their most efficient with up to 5 scanners connected.
- Today's & yesterday's earnings
- Today's & yesterday's staff expenses at that till
- Many timed events end when they are supposed to more accurately. This makes a bigger impact at higher game speeds.
- Increased the movement speed of all agents to 1.25x.
- Added option to invert the mouse zoom and scroll direction in general settings.
- Added new option for edge scrolling "Inbound only", when used, scrolling on the edge will only happen inside the game window, not when on another window
- Disable shadow on high zoom level to improve FPS when overlooking a big part of the airport.
- Added mipmap levels, this reduces the quality and increases the performance when looking onto your airport from a higher zoom level. We currently enabled up to 5 levels, let us know if you see any issues especially on the highest zoom!
Fixes, all the fixes
- Fixed pax may end up on Fuel Pipes
- Fixed and improved deboarding of the LRT, it's still crowded but pax will actually deboard towards the station
- Fixed zones on level 2 could be selected from level 3 when no foundation is placed on level 3
- Fixed in-construction objects not using the grey scale setting
- Fixed maintenance projects would not repair the object when loading from a save
- Fixed placeables could be placed on underground roads
- Fixed baggage carousels (from above) having wrong connection position for left/right facings
- Fixed tutorial window getting stuck in minimized mode when finishing a step of some tutorials
- Fixed "Airport Efficiency" grant would not complete in some cases
- Fixed "Overloaded Operator" achievement was not achievable with >= 30 days of perfect ops
- Fixed resizing a flight in the flight manager from the left would have the arrival jump back to the original value
- Fixed baggage carousels not getting a number when constructed
- Fixed several spelling mistakes
- Fixed pax sometimes trying to wander outside and getting stuck
- Fixed slowdown due to queue calculation for some objects placed outdoors
- Fixed baggage loading task may not run outdoors when baggage unload would
- Fixed foundation placeable near runways while the runway is under construction.
- Fixed objects could be placed on baggage carousels on their "other" level.
- Fixed crash when expanding airport while construction is going on.
- Fixed auto-foundation for conveyors would place concrete over conveyors.
- Fixed queue line visualization is visible on all floors.
- Fixed security bins would not be correctly sorted on remote bag scanners.
- Fixed some placement indicators would not update when not in the current viewable area.
- Fixed remote bag scanners would not slow down when too many are assigned to one monitoring station.
- Fixed LRT wouldn't allow boarding when another LRT was departing the station while the arriving one was entering it.
- Fixed "Scientific Method" achievement would not fire even when everything is researched.
- Fixed flight crew walking to the end of the queue instead of directly going to the gate desk.
- Fixed several issues with security bins and missed flight pax that may slow down bag scanners.
- Fixed an issue where a stuck pax may get stuck forever when the gate he should've used is removed.
- Fixed conveyor transition being zoneable in some layouts.
- Fixed flights may get stuck when delayed for a long time.
- Fixed inside-inside windows would be rated the same as inside-outside windows for environment.
- Fixed maintenance would not finish in some cases even when the object is fixed to 100%.
- Fixed save dialog hanging when opening with a lot of saves.
- Fixed: PA amplifiers would not play sound when placed vertically.
- Fixed: Airlines with low first class percent don't care for first class lounges in negotiations and shouldn't ask for it.
- Fixed: In the flight scheduler, auto-increase size of flights on hover if they are very small. Allows to drag easier.
- Fixed: Text formatting for "Pax Flow" so that it no longer goes outside of its hover box.
- Fixed: Aircrafts with high minimum runway requirements might land delayed or with too high separation.
- Fixed: Foundation could be placed over outside objects without removing them first.
- Fixed: Storage shelf's would show an error when placed in deliveries.
- Fixed: Fading between standby and normal gates.
- Fixed: LRT only picks up pax in some configurations.
- Fixed: Using the clone tool you could create some objects without foundation on another floor.
- Fixed: Gate stairs where not placeable when a road was placed first.
- Fixed: Pax would try to use LRT stations that where not finished building.
- Fixed: Pax sometimes leave the secure zone and have to go through security again.
- Fix uncommon error in clean floors janitor tasks
- Fix conveyor sometimes not invoking auto-foundation properly
- Fix road ramps errantly able to be placed near taxiways in certain configurations
- Fix road project construction indicators not persisting after loading save game
- Fix null reference issue inside certain repair object tasks
- Fix runway lights not correctly aligning/placing
- Fix quick-select usage on floor transition objects
- Fix dismantle runway not working when runway is being repaired
- Fix transport capacity graph quirks & handling of EAM wrap-around flight pax
- Fix issue with busses and trains not spawning pax in rare airport situations.
- Fixes for moving flight entries in the manager. Now the left-half of the flight cannot be moved, it must be picked up from the right side where the PM time-slot is. Note: it can still be dragged to extend or reduce the time.
- Building an escalator or staircase into a security zone should not cause problems with access anymore.
- Planes shouldn't get stuck in certain large, complex one way taxi systems.
- Food displays and cash registers no longer function in non-functioning zones.
- Fix a rounding issue with the airline satisfaction grant objective.
- Pax can no longer use auto-kiosks if they have a bag to check.
- Fix passengers leaving behind trays at the bag scanners, causing them to get stuck.
- Fix meetings may get stuck when no host is available.
- Fix an issue of the auto-hiring system adding and removing staff rapidly in rare cases.
- Fix bag count is wrong when saving/loading mid-unload.
- Fixed dumpsters not saving their trash amount.
- Fixed zone toggle not toggling the base pattern of zones.
- Fixed tutorial saves were the tutorial was finished.
- Fixed agents sometimes getting stuck when leaving a gate and saving/reloading in a specific moment.
- Fixed outdoor objects not de-zoning when placed.
- Fix maintenance objects using only the global schedule and not checking for their object settings (anytime etc.).
- Fix issue were pax would target a bad position after loading a game (e. g. when on a moving walkway).
- Fixed bag booster placement on right facing baggage hubs.
- Fixed major slowdown when rebuilding the security status after construction or a direction change on a moving walkway or escalator.
- Major fixes to the reachability checks, sectors should now correctly show when they're not accessible or cannot be exited at all. Let us know if you find anything wrong!
- Fix baggage hub upgrades can be placed on any floor.
- Fix conference rooms falsely showing missing conference table error when any other error was occurring to the room.