Not seeing the update?
Steam doesn't usually inform the player right away of the update, they tend to wait until you restart your Steam client or until a bit later after the update has come out. So if you want to get the update right away you can do the following:
- Right-click the game in your library and select properties
- Go to "Local Files" and click "Verify integrity of game files"
- The game should immediately start updating!
I just got a brand new job and this wraps up the first week of work. With that being said, I've been so busy that I didn't have more than a couple days to work on this update so I decided to work on polishing existing features / adding some minor new ones!
- Attacker Timer 2x Faster - Cuts the income timer time for Attacker in half
- Big Heads - All defenders get swollen heads like chibis
- Redesigned loading screen UI
- Fixed first person addon moving mouse up/down resulting in screen curving left/right
- Reduced first person addon screen sway
- Addon prompt now shows users what addons a server has before joining
- Attacker camera will now move faster when holding left shift
- Added grawlix to server/room names
- Fixed grawlix being bypassed by connecting characters
So with the addition of new addons I thought it was no longer reasonable to just say that a server was "using addons" so now the addon prompt includes what addons a server is using.
Another important thing was polishing up the first person addon some more. Most people were in agreement with the camera sway being far too much and I was in total agreement so I redesigned that to be much more subtle. I also fixed the glitch where the player could look behind them & turn upside, as well as the glitch that made looking up/down curve to the left/right.
As for the problem with the attacker camera's fog being "too close", this is to attempt to balance the first person addon as the game's health/damage are balanced for being able to see units at a certain distance since it's from a top down perspective. Just so everyone is aware as to why that fog is there.
A common suggestion was that the attacker camera didn't move fast enough, but rather than changing the current speed (which I happen to like) a speed up button has been added (left shift).
And finally, a big polish that doesn't have much gameplay but still leaves the game feeling much better is the new loading screen. Users will now see the map thumbnail & name of what they're loading on as they're loading into it.
That's all for this update, I'm really happy that I was able to get a new long-term job (contract) to keep myself financially stable so I spent a lot of time this week adjusting to that. Also let me know what addons you wanted to added to the game as I'll be making a google forms for people to fill out some time later in the day on the Discord.
Join us on Discord
Where we discuss new updates, the game, and other games I've made.