We've released our latest Pumpkin Patch 0.2.17. It has some bug fixes and the beginnings of two new big systems we've been working on. BIG DISCLAIMER these features are still being worked on and they are not perfect. However, we are letting everyone know they are free for players to use and provide feedback on.
Pumpkin Patch 0.2.17
- Controller support added. It requires more polish, but it is an option.
- German is an option (Translations are not complete and it will be part German and mostly English for awhile)
- Added new NPC quests for Pumpkinvale characters
- Fixed crafting fridges and anything else that had required more materials than was stackable
- Fixed sparkle disappearing with lower settings
- Fixed avocado tree bug
- Fixed player dismounting inside horse.
- Autosort now won't sort items in the hotbar.
- Balancing- Cooking recipes will be unlocked based on what player has shipped.
- Fixed the 'return to cave entrance' at the Lapidot caves.
- Fixed bug with being unable to harvest fruit from trees*
- Fixed incorrect journal tabs for museum items.
- Fixed Misc typos and visual bugs.
Important: Sometimes when we release a new pumpkin patch things can break. If anything major breaks, please let us know and we will fix it as soon as possible.
German Translations and hopefully more to follow
I want to stress again, we are a small team of 3 people who only speak English and the translation system we've implemented is a community-reliant system. So to break it down, this is how it works.
We are not declaring or claiming the game is available in German or any other language. If you choose German for example, most of the game will still be in English but some parts will be in German.
How much German is determined by how many volunteers are participating in translating via the Pumpkin Days translation website.
Translations are not accepted into the game unless upvoted and reviewed by peers.
New content is being written every patch so expect the % of items translated to fluctuate and never reach 100% until the English content is finished next year.
A language needs to reach at least 20%-30% translated for it to appear as an option in the game. (Currently Portuguese, French and Russian are under 10% so they will not be included unless more translations are done and upvoted via the translation website)
A special thank you to our top translators:
5 Nael 563..............192
You can play the game with a controller, but it's not perfect. We are still awaiting more feedback so we know which areas to work on and polish. We ask again that you bare with us and report anything that is amiss. A special thanks to those who tested controller support early for us and provided thorough feedback.
Thank you everyone for the support!