Hello adventurers! Today's update comes with a handful of fixes before the weekend: including performance and framerate improvements aimed at enhancing your gameplay experience. Check out the notes below, then grab the latest build on both Steam and the Microsoft Store!
💬 DISCUSS: Age of Empires: Definitive Edition - Update 33164 Discussion
We hope you can find time to try out the latest build over this final weekend of November! We'll be back in the office next week, so check back then for more of what we have in store for Age of Empires II.
—The Age of Empires Team
AGE OF EMPIRES: DEFINITIVE EDITION — UPDATE 33164
◆ HIGHLIGHTS ◆
Here are the changes included in today's update:
- Fixed a crash when attempting to open the Profile screen when offline.
- Fixed an issue where selection boxes could cause a framerate hitch while playing in a campaign or multiplayer match.
- Implemented a variety of minor performance improvements to multiplayer and campaign play.
- Updated the terrain grid to be semi-transparent and to more accurately align to a variety of terrains.
◆ IN PROGRESS ◆
Here are some of the areas where we are continuing to collect information, escalate reports, and working to identify solutions:
- Game stability and performance. We are tracking several different crashes being reported by individuals within the community. Here are some troubleshooting steps that have helped users reporting issues:
- Ensure you have searched for solutions to your specific problem on the Age of Empires II: DE Support page.
Run through the optimization suggestions listed on the Game Optimization Tips page.
Please continue reporting any issues you encounter on Steam or the official Age of Empires forum!
◆ KNOWN ISSUES ◆
For the latest issues and solutions currently tracked by the development team:
- Please visit our Known Issues support page.