I've been hard at work on A Story Beside since release, both on the development of new chapters and assorted bug-fixes that have inevitably popped up during this Early Access period. I truly appreciate everyone who has been so patient and so diligent in reporting any and all issues you've come across.
A new update is now available that contains several new features and should solve many of the bugs in the first few chapters. Please take a look at the patch notes below and be sure to post in the discussion forum if problems continue.
- Brand new menu system (should fix all menu-related bugs)
- Fixed bug that would trap players in certain maps after saving
- Fixed bug that would report incorrect player choices
- Fixed data bug when replaying earlier chapters
- Fixed item inventory
- Increased number of save slots (from 4 to 10)
- Save points added at the end of each chapter
- New (optional) scene with Kelsi
- New dialogue added at a few different points to clarify choices
- Additional hints at designated story points
- Some players are able to walk over anything on the map
- Error popup while saving (although the game should still save)
- Missing save files
In addition, I've updated the release schedule for future chapters to reflect these new updates and developments going forward. It's possible I won't be always be able to hit these exact dates, and I appreciate your patience if that ends up being the case. I'm doing my best to release new content regularly, but as a solo developer during a very busy time of year, I can't always pin things down 100%.
Thank you all so much 😊 I hope you're enjoying A Story Beside so far!