Alpha Version 0.2.18.0a - Now live
Is that glimmer of light I see shining through Autumn clouds? Hark, nay, ‘tis Jaws of Extinction patch 0.2.18.0 landing to brighten up the day!
Update 0.2.18.0 features an array of animation amendments, interaction improvements, useful UI updates and barrels of blasted bug fixes - all the meanwhile we’re working on our super secret content in the shadows coming soon™.
- Fixed several hidden volumes in the world preventing pickup/interaction.
- Fixed player receiving no items from their death loot sacks when holding [F] to take all.
- Fixed character moving at sprinting speeds when crouched while holding [Shift] when there is not enough headroom to stand.
- Fixed jump landing animations briefly playing a running animation after finishing the jump when stationary.
- Character’s legs now move in the direction of movement while crouched instead of always walking forwards.
- Improved smoothness of transition between stationary crouch and moving crouch.
- Adjusted mid-height pickup animation to avoid robotic shoulder movements.
- Improved animation when opening doors.
- Smoother animation movement when transitioning between moving and stationary
- Smoother animation movement when changing motion direction between left and right.
- Improved leg positioning when switching direction while running to prevent legs overlapping each other.
- Added torso rotation when looking left to right before body turns on the spot.
- Characters no longer repeat phrases when closing their inventory after looting.
- Updated door interaction mechanics.
- New default open/close sounds.
- New animation played on unlocking doors.
- New screen display for interaction and locked doors.
- Doors now always open away from the character when possible.
- Both doors in a double door frame can now be interacted with.
vDoor now open without any delay.
- Kicking open a door has been swapped out for running open, allowing the player to open the door very quickly while running.```
- Fixed various errors occurring regarding dropped loot sacks.
- Wanderer heads can no longer be smashed with melee weapons if the player's stamina is too low.
- Added an additional 1000 birds nests around the playable map.
- Updated Quest/Objective UI.
- Latest objective now always displays in the top right of the screen.
- Holding down [J] key allows you to see a full breakdown of active quest.
- Campfire updated with latest interaction updates, focus outline when focusing and world UI display like doors.
- Made inventory section buttons more visible for reading.
- Inventory screen will no longer automatically open when looting a container that is empty.
- ST-RV Watch (vitals display) is now backlit, meaning it is visible underwater and in the dark.
- Updated UI Buff display. This is the vertical bar on the side of the inventory showing statistics. Please note - many of these buffs listed do not affect gameplay yet. ( SEE DETAILS BELOW )
Updated UI Buff display
- Endurance: Controls the rate which Stamina is lost when doing strenuous activities. Additionally reduces rate at which Oxygen is lost while holding breath. (Not yet in effect).
- Pace: Determines the speed at which you can move while jogging and running. Additionally improves speed of climbing activities. (Not yet in effect).
- Stealth: Controls the likelihood of being heard by making less noise when moving and doing activities such as looting and opening doors. Additionally reduces visibility when in partial cover such as sparse foliage. (Not yet in effect).
- Brute force: The power with which you can strike targets affecting damage caused in close quarters combat. Additionally increases how far you can draw a bow for extra damage. (In effect for melee weapons).
- Armour: Improves the resistance you have to impact related damage types. Blunt, Piercing and Slashing damage you recieve is reduced with higher Armour. (Not yet in effect).
- Respiratory Protection: Determines the extent to which you are protected from harmful gases and airborne particles such as smoke, spores and toxic chemicals. (Not yet in effect).
- Eye Protection: The extent to which your sight can be impared or distorted by conditions which affect vision. (Not yet in effect).
- Thermal Conservation: Determines the rate at which body heat is lost. Conserving body temperature means it will take longer to lose body heat when in a colder environment.You can increase Thermal Conservation by wearing suitable equipment. (Not yet in effect).
- Heat Resistance: Determines the rate at which body heat is gained. A higher Heat Resistance means you can survive longer before overheating when in a hot environment. You can increase Heat Resistance by wearing suitable equipment. (Not yet in effect).
Items & Placeables
- Placeable tent now has 42 available inventory slots instead of 21.
- The water collector now displays how fast it is filling.
- The water collector can now fill multiple items at the same time (place multiple buckets, water bottles of cooking pots in your inventory to fill at the same time).
- The water collector now does not have a minimum fill point, the water collector will fill an empty or partially empty container with the water available, even if it fills the container partially.
- Large water bottles can no longer stack (this may be temporary, while we find a solution for filling stacked partially filled bottles).
- Removed the three tier shelving unit with multiple storage boxes, these have been replaced with an alternative storage container. This will not destroy already placed shelving, but we would suggest transferring items to other storage, incase we decide to remove these completely at a later date.
- Three tiers of respirator added. Respirators can protect you from gases, toxic air and spores.
- Respirator lockbox added. This may need a key card to unlock if it is locked.
- Added ‘Investigation Point System’ which allows players to get a narrated description of what they are looking at for certain points of interest. For example, a suspicious blood stain on the floor can be investigated by the character you are playing who will comment on what they see. These will be added around to world to open character narratives and unlock lore about the world. These will also be used in quests.
- Two way camera terminal added. Found at military facilities at the moment but will be available for player crafting upon adding crafting benches.
- Added extra large storage crate that holds 42 item slots. Can be crafted from the building menu in place of the three tier unit.
- Added resource Ammonium.
- Added resource Oil.
- Swinging melee weapons now reduces stamina depending on the weight of the weapon. Hitting with 0 stamina will reduce the attack damage.
- Significant reduction in unnecessary character animation processes running.
- Optimised logic on the STRV system to only run when looking at the STRV watch.
- Fixed turning on the spot animations while holding some weapon types causing the opposite turning animation to play.
- Fixed jitter occuring when walking backwards.
- Fixed animations issues causes player's legs to overlap with each other when moving at certain angles.
- Fixed sliding motion when wading in shallow water.
- Fixed not being able to light campfires under cover when raining. Campfires will now accept any type of cover including building parts, prefabricated houses and some large trees.
- Fixed an issue where the container slots were not scrolling in the inventory screen.
- Fixed an issue where the rear door in the pharmacy in Hanouten would not open.
### THINGS TO REMEMBER BEFORE PURCHASING JOE
We are aware that the game is currently very demanding on performance and bugs can cause problems during gameplay. JoE is in constant development by two developers and a single 3D artists. We are keen to resolve issues as promptly as possible, although please understand that they are to be expected as the game continues into development.Please make sure to read the following statement from our Steam store page before considering your purchase, as always your support is appreciated.
BEFORE YOU PURCHASE: AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM THE DEV TEAM In the spirit of our ethos of transparency and integrity we want you to know that our game is at ALPHA stage in EARLY ACCESS and will therefore contain many bugs and have performance issues on low to mid-end machines. We’re really proud of how it plays so far (it’s a lot of fun!) but if your rig DOES NOT meet the RECOMMENDED spec then the game may not perform well and as much as we appreciate your support we would suggest that you wait until later in development before you invest your money. We don’t want you buying something that’s going to disappoint you. Please also be aware that multiplayer is not yet implemented. This is under development and planned for Q4 2019.