The main focus of this update was to improve the overall stability and use of the game. That being said what is the best way to get rid of vermin? Cats of course!
One of the bigger bugs/annoyances we have solved have been the weird "scroll" rules of the game not scrolling when a menu is open and instead scrolling on the menu. Rekindling will now scroll/zoom on whatever your mouse is over as seen below.
The other big thing we have done is we have re-done the pathing logic for survivors. What this means for you is survivors will no longer lag the game when trying to go to far off areas. As well they will now be able to find their way anywhere across the map when before they where limited to a smaller area around them.
Lots of the bugs and improvements we have fixed and changed this update have come from you guys! Keep the feedback coming.
Full(ish) Path notes below
- Added Cats
- Added some new animal textures for Penguins and dogs
- Added builder trait (it was in older updates but got removed. its back now)
- Changed night to be slightly less dark
- Changed jobs will now update if they have enough materials way more often
- Changed cost of wood floor to be wood instead of planks
- Changed items to be more rare in abandoned structures
- Changed work schedule change noise to be slightly more subtle
- Fixed some weird job layering when placing floors
- Fixed allowing conflicting jobs of building in the same spot to be queue
- Fixed rare bug with animals becoming an item and disappearing making an endless place job
- Fixed Pumpkins not spoiling
- Fixed survivors having conflicting traits when randomly generating. (such as simple and scientist at the same time)
- Fixed most bugs that happened around pathing failing.
- Fixed most of the lag that happened around pathing long distances
- Fixed items sometimes being able to be put in walls
- Fixed bug that would make survivors try to get items out of solid walls
- Fixed weird scroll mechanics with menus open
- Fixed middle click clearing the selected survivor
- Fixed tooltips on the science menu being off on larger resoultions
- Fixed tooltips on tutorial menu blocking the bottom menus
- Fixed rare bug that could allow survivors to get a job from a Zim
- Fixed leaderboards to not show profane usernames.