It's been a long time since the game last updated! There's been a lot to do, as my previous announcement noted. This update should get the game into a more stable state, so that future updates are easier to push out.
Version ID: 253
- Languages! The game now supports 13 languages, with more coming later. Note that the translations only affect the UI and menus; the graphics are English-only. We tried hard to look into localizing it all but it would've been too massive of an undertaking.
(Please report any issues with the translations, be it on Steam or in-game!)
- You can now see the version ID in the bottom-left corner of the main menu! Relatedly, I moved away from the two-letter version naming scheme because it could've been confusing.
Fixes & Tweaks:
- You can now disable gamepad detection entirely in the settings -> control settings menu. This is because some players had the game detect non-gamepad devices and such and because certain gamepads' input was erroneously interpreted.
- The game will get an official level editor in 2020! I'll make a flashier announcement about that in a bit. Anyway, there have been some underlying changes in preparation for that. More about this in the "For modders" section.
- Tunnel (located in Volcanic cavern; the level didn't utilize the intended mechanic)
- As noted previously, this update will break the in-game editor. It'll also break the in-game "custom levels" -menu, although I'll try to fix that quickly with upcoming patches. If you wish to use the old in-game editor, right click the game on Steam, go properties -> betas and select the branch "old-editor".