Not seeing the update?
Steam doesn't usually inform the player right away of the update, they tend to wait until you restart your Steam client or until a bit later after the update has come out. So if you want to get the update right away you can do the following:
- Right-click the game in your library and select properties
- Go to "Local Files" and click "Verify integrity of game files"
- The game should immediately start updating!
Sometimes I just have ideas that could just never work in a normal or balanced game. But with addons, I have the freedom now to create crazy or experimental features that users can choose to opt into or not.
Addons are a new system which allows players to choose custom parameters to play the game with. In the future this could mean things as simple as giving defenders unlimited ammo to changing the entire game's perspective.
Addon's as a general rule are likely to be buggy, unbalanced, or have other issues - That's why they're addons and not core game features, so that things can be experimented with and users can have fun with those experiments!
If you're using addons, users will get a warning that your server is modified to be different from the default game, and matchmaking won't connect users to your server. This is to prevent new players from having to deal with experimental features while they're still getting used to the game.
First Person Shooter Addon
The first (and only) addon added allows defenders to play in first person mode. This is marked as experimental as there are still several bugs associated with it. Nonetheless it was a ton of fun for me and my friend to test on several maps!
The most unbalanced feature of this addon is seeing enemies coming in-advance in certain scenarios, a fog was placed to prevent this but on maps where the sky is exposed more openly this becomes more of an issue. As for bugs the primary one is that it simply doesn't work with certain outfits which obscure the vision of the first person camera.
- Addons System
- Info display box in server (When joining someone's server you can now see what map/mode they're playing on, as well as what addons they're using)
- First Person
- Slightly reduced Assault primary fire rate
- Slightly reduced Assault primary ammo cap (from 30 to 32)
- Decreased Assault primary reload time (from 3.8 to 3 seconds)
- Increased Sniper ammo cap from 5 to 7
- Made new attempt at fixing death animation desync (AI not playing the death animation and instead playing the animation of whatever they were doing last)
- Fixed in-server chat where the tag [Host] and the host's name didn't have a space
- Removed "A Plant" from being purchased (was limited time only)
- Changed how warnings display on the create server menu
With this update I wanted to come with a few addons for players to use, but adding first person took up so much time! It really is a bunch of fun to play, albeit not as perfect as if the game had been made for first person, but still a lot of fun nonetheless!
The version number at the top right may appear to say 8.0 however this is just due to the front's 9 looking very closely like an 8.
Join us on Discord
Where we discuss new updates, the game, and other games I've made.