Hello, our beautiful goats!
Your favourite horn-based multiplayer shooter today sees the launch of a massive ‘Community Update’, featuring scores of new _goatures _suggested by all of your feedback and bringing a fresh competitive element to play.
Most notably, this update brings in a ranking system and global/per game mode leaderboards to add an extra layer of competition to proceedings. You will now receive GOAT Points at the end of each encounter based on the skill you demonstrated in play. GOAT Scores for each mode are then combined to provide a Global GOAT Score, enabling you to see just the comparison to the world’s best goat! (is that you?)
There are four main factors you shall keep in mind for your final GOAT points at the end of each game:
- How many kills you scored: the more you kill other players, the more points you gain.
- How many times you were killed: you lose points the more times you die.
- How much of the match you actually played (to balance out late goaters).
- Keep an eye on the match's average GOAT score: You will gain more points by killing a more experienced player, while getting killed by ‘rookies’ will lose more points.
- (In Markhor games, only kills made by the Markhor count towards GOAT score.)
You will be able to boost your GOAT Score if, in team-based modes, you are part of the winning team, or in other modes if you make it onto the podium. But, be careful, cause if you disconnect before the end of the match, you will also lose points!
And hold your horses...I mean, goats, as there are new more features included in the update, based on your precious feedback!
- Private Matches - You can now create and invite your friends in a private match.
- Sound Occlusion - Play benefits from more believable and realistic sounds.
- Joining an ongoing match will give you now five seconds of freecam before joining the game so you can early understand the game mode and map you're taking on.
- Gentle host disconnection - You won't be no more kicked to main menu but gentle accompanied to the celebration screen.
- Find match feature.
- Maps and weapons optimisations and improvements.
- Various bug fixes.
And last but not least, you can take a look at the updated roadmap (goatmap?) to see what's coming next... Let's keep goatting around!