Over the past weeks we've settled into the new office, getting familiar with the new environment and conquering the different trials that come with it. Now just as we've settled in and with production getting into full swing again, it is time for another update. So take some time for yourself, start up a relaxing session of Winkeltje and just enjoy the season from the inside for a bit. Now, if you were to ask me, I would say that sounds like a lovely time, wouldn't you?
This update brings 2 new kitchen planters for you to place. This should give some more variety to your shop's gardens because they can only be placed outside, but they will be cheaper as a result of that. Now you can finally create the kitchen garden of your dreams in Winkeltje.
Whenever you first open your shop after this update, you will be presented with a pop up, here you can give your shop a name. This name will be used as your shop's save name, so you can more easily identify which of your many shops is which.
The Main Menu is the first thing everyone sees when they start the game, but as we've been updating the UI, the Main Menu has been lagging behind on that. Now with this update the Main Menu gets its share of love and care. With a new style and completely remade the New Game and Load Game windows add many quality of life improvements. The New Game window has a new selector for the difficulties, showing all the options without having to use a slider. Hovering over them will show exactly how the difficulty is different. The Load Game window now allows for more than 3 saves and selecting an entry shows a screenshot of the shop, the shop name, difficulty, the in game day and season, when it was saved and which version it was saved in. Note: That screenshots won't appear just yet for older saves, a shop will have to be loaded and then saved for the screenshot to appear.
The decoration rebalance was planned long ago as we were adding more and more decoration pieces, but now it's finally here. With this update the appeal value will be determined through a variety of factors; the area the decoration piece occupies, if it's wall mounted, if it's a carpet or if the decoration piece is for outside. Of course you want to get what you pay for, so the price of each decoration piece is now calculated based on the appeal worth of the piece. As with the item rebalance, the decoration rebalance has gone through testing on the unstable branch, but balancing is an ongoing process and we are always looking for feedback. So please don't hesitate to contact us and let us know what you think of it!
Of course as always, we're interested in knowing what you think of this update, so feel free to let us know what you think of it in the comments. Or join the Discord (https://discord.gg/ZSMEenk) where you can talk with us and the rest of the community, and where you can sneak a peek at the change logs as the game is being made.
And of course, for the full patch notes just have a look below.
- _Community Request: _Shop Naming - You are now able to name your shop when you open it for the first time. (Or upon first load after the update.)
- System - Save game names now take on the shop name. (Older saves will be renamed to the new shop name after they have been given a name.)
- Furniture - 2 new kitchen gardens for planting crops. These are cheaper alternatives of the 2 slot and 4 slot planters without the wooden rim and with lower appeal.
- Main Menu - The Main Menu has been given a new look!
- New Game - The New Game window has as had its look updated to the new UI look and has a new selector for the difficulties, showing all the options without having to use a slider. Hovering over them will show exactly how the difficulty is different.
- Load Game - The Load Game window has been updated with a new look and now allows for more than 3 saves. Selecting an entry shows a screenshot of the shop, the shop name, difficulty, when it was saved and which version it was saved in.
- Credits - The Credits window has been updated to the new UI look.
- Prompts - Brought back the button prompt to bring up the options for both play mode and shop edit mode.
- Balance - Lowered costs of large and huge planter.
- Decorations Rebalance - Appeal of decoration pieces is now based on the area they occupy and the type of decoration. Prices for each decoration piece are now based on the appeal rating of the piece.
- Items - Starting a shop was a little too hard so all item prices have been increased.
- Events - Mining Rush event doesn't start until day 15 now (was day 1).
- Events - Adjusted the price modifier of Tools during the Mining Rush event (3x -> 2x).
- Events - Reduced the length of the Mining Rush event. (7 days -> 5 days)
- Events - Adjusted price modifier for Coal during Coal Find event. (0.5x -> 0.6x)
- Events - Adjusted price modifier for Iron during Iron Find event. (0.5x -> 0.6x)
- Decoration - Fancy Bouquet now uses a capsule collider instead of a box collider to make placement easier.
- Decoration - Vase now uses a capsule collider instead of a box collider to make placement easier.
- Decoration - Table of Plenty now uses a capsule collider instead of a box collider to make placement easier.
- Decoration - Small Rug's collider size was adjusted to more easily fit within one tile.
- Decoration - Flower Box can now be placed anywhere (inside and outside). Decoration value lowered to accompany being able to place outside (140 -> 100).
- Decoration - Flower Barrel can now be placed anywhere (inside and outside). Decoration value lowered to accompany being able to place outside (140 -> 100).
- System - Attempting to load (very old) save files would crash the game. The game now shows a generic error that a save file could not be loaded.
- Player - Player would autowalk into the faced direction when switching between controller and mouse while moving furniture.
- Shop - Calculations for Net Worth now correctly reflect the increasing price of shop expansions.
- Shop - In very rare circumstances the historical sales data list would be empty and throw an error.
- Trader - Trader prices can't be 0 anymore.
- Art - Fixed the seams between walls.
- Objectives - When loading a save file, invalid objectives will now be safely ignored instead of throwing an error.
- User Interface - Removing an item from the buy items menu should now correctly transition the number color to white.
- User Interface - The item info tooltip would cause an error when inspecting an item affected by an event where the exact event name does not have an icon.
- User Interface - Fixed an error that would occur when a reminder was being called in the Awake function.
- User Interface - Traders automatically going home did not remove the notification at the top of the screen.
- User Interface - Events used the incorrect icon parameter, causing issues on re-used events.
- User Interface - Event overview description now correctly uses the description from the event script.
- User Interface - UI now starts at scale 1 (tiny) when a player first opens the game.
- User Interface - Hovering a planter and going to the game menu would not reset the cursor to the correct graphic.