Hello Monster Keepers,
We're excited to bring the second content update for Monster Sanctuary to Early Access! We welcome you to relax on the sandy shores of Horizon Beach!
New area unlocked: Horizon Beach
As shown in our preview, Horizon Beach is an area featuring sandy shores, large underwater mazes and steep cliffs. Here is a breakdown of everything added:
- A new story arc revolving around a treasure hunt, featuring a new Keeper duel and a Champion fight against an ageless guardian of the deep.
- Eight new Monsters to collect, most of which are water themed. However, there's also the new Dodo mount and two new aerial Monsters with the new explore ability "Improved Flight" which allows you to reach higher places. We hope that you’ll enjoy collecting all these new Monsters!
- There’s also some new items and rare equipment to find in Horizon Beach. They're tough to find this time - make sure to check every corner and wall!
- The level cap of your Monsters has now been increased to 29.
To enter Horizon Beach, you will need to have finished the story arc of Sun Palace (because you need the special Monster that you gain at that point). The entrance to Horizon Beach is east from the Ancient Woods, which means you also need to open the doors that are blocked by the four elemental orbs.
Immediately at the entrance to Horizon Beach, you will find the Monster Farm - a place where you can safely let your Monsters stay and show them off in the open. Unlike the Monster army, you can pick up your Monsters again at any point you like by revisiting the Monster Farm. This will make the Monster menus much more manageable, plus who doesn’t want to be able to show off their Monster’s?
Infinity Arena Changes
We've made some slight adjustments to the Infinity Arena mode:
- There is now a limit in the Infinity Arena how often you can use Phoenix Tear per battle (5 times).
- You get all your consumables you used back after the run.
- The rewards have been changed.
- The pool of random Monsters now depends on the highest Monster level the player possesses.
There are also many smaller changes, which we have divided into "Minor feature updates", "Balancing changes" and "Bugfixes".
Minor feature updates:
- Sycophantom and Kanko have a new explore ability: "Ghostform".
- Magmamoth has the new "Sonic Assault" attack now.
- Sizzle Knight has a new passive skill: "Blinding Sunlight".
- There is only one kind of Level Badge now; it can be used on any Monster which is at least 2 levels below your highest Monster. All previous Level Badges got replaced with the new one.
- Unique equipment items now have a yellow outline.
- First Impact damage reduced to 30% (from 40%)
- All dodge chances are now calculated multiplicative with each other (two times 10% dodge chance now results in a 19% dodge chance)
- Blacksmithing value increased to 15% (from 10%)
- Eternal Heart values increased to 12% (from 10%)
- Mana Conflux required Mana reduced to 100 (from 120)
- Shadow Proc damage value increased to 60% (from 50%)
- Combo Potion now heals for 6x100 (instead of 5x100)
- Fatal Upkeep now increases the damage of Poison, Burn and Congeal by 15% (from 20% damage boost for Poison and Burn only).
- We have implemented a system that creates backup save files - for the rare cases when a save file becomes corrupted.
That's all for now
We hope you’ll enjoy exploring the new area, collecting the new Monsters and finding all the new hidden items and equipment. Oh, and finally having a home for your monsters and the ability to show them off to the world!
We are eager to hear your feedback on everything that’s been introduced with the new area, here on the Steam forums or on our [url=]Discord channel[/url]: Come say hi!