Although it's been a long time coming, the next major feature update for Princesses Vs Dragons: Royal Rumble has finally arrived!
Here's some of the exciting new additions:
Fairy Queens are mischievous magical creatures who bestow great powers on any who are lucky enough to catch them! There are 4 unique Fairy Queens with their own unique spell for players: Nefertiti, Elizabeth I, Himiko and Elizabeth II.
If you are one of the lucky ones who manages to capture an elusive Fairy Queen, you will have a great power bestowed upon you: Zap your opponents with the Shock Spell! Blind your opponents with a swarm of butterflies using the Annoy Spell! Get that extra push you need to catch up to other players with the Speed Spell! Or seize the advantage in the Elimination scenario with the Heal Spell!
Princesses and Dragons have a new way to settle their ancient rivalry in our new last-one-standing inspired scenario: Elimination! Team up or go solo and wipe out the competition. Be sure to watch for Fairy Queen Elizabeth II roaming around as she gives a boost to any player who captures her.
We've been working hard to make this update the best it can be and to the standards our players and fans deserve. We'll be monitoring the game and support issues to address any problems as quickly as we can, so if you see something we've missed, don't hesitate to get in touch with us! We look forward to bringing you our next major update with a much needed revisit of some of our maps and thorough revamp of our menus.
- The Insert Dragon Here Team
For our most dedicated fans, here's the full list of changes.
- Added Fairy Queens that roam around the map. Capture one to give you an edge over other players!
- Added new Elimination gamemode with a team and free for all variant. Last Princess or Dragon standing wins!
- Added spells system.
- Added Annoy spell to distract other players with a swarm of butterflies.
- Added Speed spell to give you a temporary boost of speed.
- Added Lightning spell to stun other players with a bolt of lightning.
- Added Elimination exclusive Heal spell that will give you an extra life (up to a maximum of 5 lives).
- Added a small cutscene when using the cannons on the Royal Garden map.
- Fixed an LOD issue with some foliage on the Royal Garden map.
- Added Spell UI elements.
- Updated Fairy Cages in Fairy Raid gamemode to have different variants based on where they are positioned.
- Changed the colour corresponding to player number to minimize confusion.
- Updated fairy cage outline and halo colours to reflect updated player colours.
- Configured maps to utilize new Fairy Cages.
- Changed the sizing of the ability bar in a 4 player game.
- Updated foliage in the Royal Garden map.
- Updated Escher doors on Royal Garden with some visual effects.
- Added cell shading on more assets.
- Added trails on the cannons in the Royal Garden map.
- Fixed an issue that caused gamemode information to not be retrieved correctly when first opening the gamemode select screen.
- Tweaked textures on the Crystal Caverns map.
- Capped the wall climb ability of the Princess.
- Fixed some issues with sound effects.
- Fixed the Character Select menu spawning in twice.
- Many under the hood changes have been made.