Today's patch is the biggest one we've introduced since launch! There is a lot to unpack here, so we're happy to answer any questions you might have in the comments section below.
TL;DR We are awarding every player with Tokens to compensate them for the new level-up feature described below. If you find yourself with a bunch of extra Tokens and you don't know where they came from... well, now you do!
Let's dive in:
- Every 10th level up, you will be awarded 10 Tokens instead of the normal 1-3
- Added keybind support for inventory panel (defaults to "I" key)
- Added in-game option to disable Steam cloud sync
- Expanded the Hero Trial pool with 2 new effects
- Cell contents are now preserved between freezing/unfreezing cells
Developer notes: We have retroactively awarded existing profiles with the tokens they would have earned under this new system.
- Increased the base Token drop rate by about 12%
- Daily Missions are now unlocked at level 25 instead of 50
- Armor damage calculations now happen before defense
- Survivor II rework: "Heart drops have a 5% chance to become souls." -> "Find souls instead of hearts if you are injured."
- Hunter II buff: "Every 70 cells you open without making a mistake, gain a Minion." -> "Every 60 cells you open without making a mistake, gain a Minion."
- Pendulum: 300 Mana -> 150 Mana
- Barbecue: 150 Mana -> 80 Mana
- Punchbag: "Whenever you leave a special stage ... " -> "Whenever you leave an item shop ..."
- Timelord Chronos now deals damage instead of direct life loss & during this boss you can collect loot to reset the timer to 0
- Nerfed the music volume of Elysium a bit
- Monsters trapped within Frozen cells will now decrement the monster counter, meaning you can rely on the counter to hit 0 when the stage is complete
- Fixed a crash when using Blowpipe on a shiny monster
- Fixed a crash that occurred when misflagging a cell on a stage that had both Judging and Flawless mods
- Fixed a few ways that immutable objects could get destroyed
- Fixed objects losing their immutable property between game loads
- You can now reclaim Favor points from legendary items that became locked due to prestiging
- Blowing up a hidden monster will now trigger "on monster kill" effects
- Fixed xray effect preservation when you reload a quest (i.e. Magnifying Glass)
- Fixed Endless Multiverse loop not saving properly between loads
- Speculative fix for a crash related to stage destruction before particle automanager cleanup
- Fixed a database issue that prevented players with IPv6 addresses from submitting scores to the leaderboards
Developer notes: We will continue to monitor your feedback about Frozen cells to determine if they can still lead to a softlock under the new logic.
If you're unsure whether your board is actually stuck, please submit a bug report along with a screenshot and we will take a look. Thanks!
We hope you enjoy the new patch!