Version Number: 0.8.9.8
We have decided to make Initiate difficulty a mode to learn the game. Currently Initiate difficulty gives better drop rates and has enemy intent. We are doing a 2 part update to make this mode more geared towards learning.
Reminder this is only Initiate difficulty
The first part that comes with this update is no death. Players will continue the game after being defeated, instead of having to restart a whole new game. On death you will be thrown back to your previous hex, heal to full health, and in some instances get a piece of gear that will help tremendously.
We decided to go down this path for a couple reason. We wanted a safer/easier way for players to learn the mechanics, especially if they are coming from various other deckbuilders. As The Last Hex is more about the stats as opposed to finding the best cards. It is a mind shift, and a constant item that players bring up. The second reason is difficulty, this will give players a safe mode to play in to learn the game without fear of death.
We have a couple more tweaks coming over the next few updates that will build out our version of an intent system that conforms to our initial idea of the game, and we may phase out the current intent system.
Full Patch Notes
- Fixed issue with Farmer not unlocking
- Potential fix for black screen on camp rewards
- Players playing initiate can now not die - Instead will be revived. This is the first part to making initiate mode the mode to play to learn the game in a safer environment, before moving onto adventurer or hero.
Call for assistance
- Some have sent in reports about retry not working. I can not get it to fail. I need more info - What were you fighting? Did an effect kill you? Any info would be great to help solve this particular issue.
- Fixed spacing in Contagion
- Added a back to start button on character select
- Added extra text to Blood Boil to signify that bleed on enemy increases damage dealt
- Set minimum price to 0 for items in city
- Added some checks to make sure equipment changing works
- Added fight level to name plate of hovered map hex
- Increase health gained from camps and cities by 10
- Fixed an issue with Payday being added twice after beating trial - people with 2 Payday's will continue to have 2 for a bit (You just get to find it more often for now).