Not seeing the update?
Steam doesn't usually inform the player right away of the update, they tend to wait until you restart your Steam client or until a bit later after the update has come out. So if you want to get the update right away you can do the following:
- Right-click the game in your library and select properties
- Go to "Local Files" and click "Verify integrity of game files"
- The game should immediately start updating!
I was just remarking today how I hadn't had to do a patch for an update since 4.1, so I'm surprised we made it this far!
- Fixed "A Plant" outfit not showing up, making the player invisible
- Fixed invisible walls on First National blocking the player from aiming correctly near the base core
- Fixed invisible walls on First National blocking the attacker from placing down units at certain points in the attacker zone(s)
This was just a short patch to fix up some not quite game breaking, but still important bugs nonetheless. As soon as the 8.0 update released people want to play as "A Plant" outfit which meant I got to immediately know it was broken! But I'm glad it's fixed now.
It was one of those problems that don't show up in the editor but for some reason or another show up on the Steam build. The downside to this fix is that the plant no longer looks cloaked when the sniper uses their ability although that's the tradeoff of having a static inanimate object as opposed to a proper humanoid model.
Join us on Discord
Where we discuss new updates, the game, and other games I've made.