- New playable character, Rin Satsuki, and a storyline exclusive to her——"Another Story". Required to be unlocked by finishing the story mode.
- Three new endings for Rin Satsuki (End.07, End.08, End.09). The game now contains 9 endings.
- Challenge Mode added. A leaderboard is present for challenge mode players. The mode is divided in four difficulties, Easy, Normal, Hard, and Lunatic. All three playable characters are available in this mode. However, save & load is disabled. The final score will be recored and go into the leaderboard.
- Bosses are now given more tracks, instead of sharing one boss fight theme. All bosses having their own leitmotifs in the original will have their sole tracks, none for those characters having no themes like Daiyousei and Koakuma.
- New defeated portraits for bosses, shown during the dialog after defeated a boss. If you get through the last spell with no hit, there are new portraits showing bosses receiving even more serious damage.
- Time limit is introduced in challenge mode, including stage time limit, and spell card time limit. When stage time is expired, random explosions will occur that hurt both you and enemy. When spell card time is expired during a boss fight, the boss will switch to the next spell card.
- Bosses now have extra attacks in Hard and Lunatic.
- A beta version of achievement system is introduced for testing. Currently there is only one achievement, try if you can find it!
- Different difficulties now have different enemy layouts, boss healthes, amounts of spell cards, and spell card performances.
- In challenge mode, dialogs will now be automatically skipped.
- Optimized some gamepads that were not well-supported. (We haven't tested as many types of gamepad as expected yet, if your controller still have an issue, please contact me in my QQ group, the number is 2573802958)
- Fixed when background music is accidentally paused if not totally stopped playing.
- Fixed a great amount of other hard-to-describe issues.
Hope you enjoy.