Creator Tools and Game Updates:
When we released Stunt Runner, we also added a bunch of new features to our creative tools. But, whether you’re a creator yourself, of just someone who enjoys experiencing player created rooms, these features introduced some new forms of instability for all of us.
For the past several weeks, we’ve been heads-down smashing all the newly introduced bugs we could find (and you’ve helped us find!), and we’ve also burned through a good amount of our creative community’s top-requested bug fixes. We greatly appreciate your patience and feedback in response to our last couple updates.
Okay, here we go:
Impulse Volumes and Bounce Pads should now use their correct settings when loading a room or cloning an object
You can now configure spawn points so that players keep tools on respawn instead of dropping them
You can now select and change other objects from within trigger zones, without selecting the trigger zone itself
We fixed a movement bug where multiple chained gizmos weren’t behaving as expected – they should move all gizmos and objects together correctly now
You're now immediately prompted with a selection menu when merging new shapes into a costume
Maker Pen objects should no longer collide while being transformed
Moving Maker Pen objects which are parented should no longer put things in incorrect positions
Special role chips (Eliminated, In-Game, and Everyone) can no longer be merged into circuit boards
If these roles are already saved in a circuit board in your room or invention they can still be unpacked
Leaderboard stat chips should now work as expected when circuits are hidden
We now allow more objects to be wired while selected
The piston gizmo, for example, would not always let you attach to an object if the piston was selected
Light bulb collisions should now accurately reflect their mesh
We reworked Audio Samplers to fix bugs and add some much-requested functionality:
Fixed bug where samplers that were set to play on initial room load would sometimes fail
Sampler playback are now synchronized for multiplayer scenarios! This means that a pulse signal sent to sampler input should now result in reliable, synchronized playback for all.
We added two new circuit inputs: Pause and Stop! Pause stops playback when sent a non-zero signal, but can be resumed from its current position with a new play signal. Stop stops playback and seeks back to sampler start.
We also made a bunch of general quality of life fixes:
- Team wristbands should show up in team games once again, so you can more easily tell what team you’re on
- Players should not get stuck in place anymore once they see the notification for waiting to join a room!
- We washed up the screen so on-screen notifications should no longer persist between rooms!
- Players should no longer get stuck in place if they hit the mercy rule in Disc Golf
- Tooltips should now appear consistently across the app
- Should no longer see that pesky pivot in 3D Charades
- We fixed the bug where teleporters weren’t getting a teleport cooldown after climbing ladders
- Weapons from chests should now have highlight beacons in all game modes
Halloween may be over but the "Crank the Volume" update is back from the dead!:
It's alive! Maker Pen Audio is back!
- Turn your volume up and get creating, Maker Pens have been upgraded to have new audio effects!
- Also we re-tuned some sound effects in other places too! Keep an ear out!
Haunting you again, it's social upgrades:
- Seeing how long you have to hold a button on iOS devices is now visible
- Screen mode can relax their hands, auto-pointing has been readjusted
- Tired of pushing a physical button to enter the shop? Screen mode players can now point at items to buy them!
- iOS devices should also find that scrolling requires less work
- Made some adjustments for iOS devices so menus won't get as clogged up
- iOS devices also got some fresh looks throughout, they are very fashionable now
- Do the wave! Now able to wave while doing a gesture on iOS devices
- Made some adjustments to prompts to make sure no one high fives behind your back
- No more phantom keyboard sounds when making an expression
- Talking with room chat and someone says something funny? Now able to laugh with them while typing
- Fixed tossing animation on screens
- Room chat gremlins now will only put you in time out if you're messaging too quickly, rather than after every message
- Inspect Mode now allows you to do "roll" rotations with two fingers and rotating on iOS devices
- Night vision goggles no longer required to see equipment you are holding on iOS devices
- Reserved item slots now have a lock icon on iOS devices
- No longer hiding your equipment on iOS devices, extra slot has reappeared
- Fixed up selfie mode, say cheese!
Other spooky bugs crushed and improvements we made:
- Fixed a shortcut in Stunt Runner so no one gets an early start
- Fixed performance in ^Paintball.Spillway for Oculus Quest by removing the big scoreboard
- Fixed rotation on iOS devices, should be snappy now!
- Fixed being able to hit buttons while holding bows
- Fixed not being able to drop offhand item on screen mode
RecTV mainenance request:
- Something seems to be caught in the ventilation system, can someone please fish it out? It's getting a little stuffy in here.
All right, that’s everything for this update, but stay tuned! This is just the first of two major bug fixing and stability updates focused specifically on creative tools and games. Every day we’re blown away by the things you’re creating in Rec Room, and we want to make an earnest push to stabilize and improve the creative and play experience before we expand and move onto the next set of features and challenges together.
Please see here for convenient links to controls, tutorials, comfort options, etc.: https://recroom.com/community
Thank you for playing, and, as always, we love to hear your feedback! See you again soon! =]