It's been two days since Planet Zoo's launch and your initial reaction has been phenomenal! We've been loving all of the creations, screenshots and animal details you have shared! We're so grateful for the feedback and reports you have been sending in and the team has been working hard to resolve as many issues as possible.
We've now rolled out our first update for Planet Zoo, designed to fix some of the most immediate issues which have been raised. Please don't worry if an issue you have reported isn't listed; we are still hard at work on your reports and feedback and will have more updates coming soon! Please take a look below for the full update notes:
Added several crash and stability fixes, including -
- Crash when deleting pick up based enrichment item while an animal is using it;
- Crash when moving staff buildings;
- Crash when moving animals to quarantine;
- Crash when selecting the Inspector notification;
- Crash when signing up to newsletter;
- Crash when deleting shops;
- Crash when moving exhibits;
- Crash when animals are released to wild;
- Crash when using 'locate' button from objectives;
- Crash when switching between fullscreen and borderless.
- Fixed some objectives in Scenario 3 of Career Mode auto-completing.
Franchise Mode & Main Menu
- The newsletter sign-up is now hidden during the welcome screen. This will prevent any issues from signing up before creating your avatar.
- Fixed issue with profanity filter not allowing players to create franchise zoos. We have also improved messaging regarding this issue.
- Fixed issue with multiple mechanics not repairing vandalised objects efficiently.
- Various improvements have been made to climbing (Sorry flying bears!)
- Zoo tax is now shown on the Zoo Overview menu to give you greater information on your finances.
- Fix for guest avatar heads disappearing.
- Fix rendering issues caused by ultra wide displays.
- We are aware of an issue where the wrong image is displayed for the Community Challenge (it should be the tigers!). If this is the case, please restart your Steam client as it's a caching issue; do let us know if the issue persists!
As mentioned, this is only the first of our post-launch updates for Planet Zoo. We'll be sure to keep you informed regarding the next ones! Thank you again for your continued support and feedback!