As you know, we launched Aeon's End back in September (mostly). What you may not know is that for almost the entire last month of development, the team spent a huge chunk of their time tuning the engine and UI of the game to be easily our slickest, fastest, most streamlined experience to date. If you played the Early Access builds, you likely noticed the speed increases over time. These enhancements started in the engine, but really apply to every aspect of the game.
So why does this matter to Sentinels players? Because after Aeon's End launched, David informed us that it wouldn't be too difficult to bring some of those optimizations to some of our previous games! The first fruits of this endeavor have arrived in version 3.0.8 of Sentinels of the Multiverse which is available now. In addition to the usual bug fixes, this update also brings speed increases of up to 30% in some areas of the game! What else is updated in this version?
• Fixed a problem where the game could hang if a hero was incapacitated on their own turn in OblivAeon mode.
• The game no longer gets stuck if two limited cards already in play are revealed by Great Fortune.
• Fixed an issue where Brain Burn would not work properly in some cases in OblivAeon mode.
• Fixed a problem where Moving Target would not react if damage was both redirected and prevented.
• Fixed an interaction between Stripped Resources and Crystalloid Behemoth so that it is player choice where the Behemoth goes when destroyed.
• Fixed a timing issue between In Medias Res and distortion cards in the Realm of Discord.
• Various other small bug fixes and improvements have been made.
Spirit Island Campaign Nearly Complete
The campaign for our next game is almost over the line! As of this writing, we're less than 5% away from our funding goal. If you like cooperative strategy (and let's be honest, what Sentinels fan doesn't?), check out the campaign and kick in a few dollars if you're able. Thanks!