Before this update, you started off with 4(!) guns and had to switch between them with 1-4 or scroll. This obviously was for testing purposes only and therefor has been changed. Now you can only hold 2 weapons at the same time. Which ones depen on your loadout. You will be able to create your own custom loadout where you define which weapon, ability and cosmetics you want to have equipped. At the moment there are 3 pre-defined load-outs to make sure we iron out any basic bugs it might have.
The game works pretty well with mouse and keyboard but translating it to gamepad was a little tricky. This version includes full gamepad support. As soon as the game launcher, you won't need a mouse nor a keyboard. You can navigate all menus with the gamepad and also of course play the actual game. I'm still testing different basic layouts for the buttons but it's getting there. The main difference compared to mouse and keyboard is that you don't have a dedicated boost button, instead it's an automatic context based boost. The driving happens with the left stick and if you're pressing it all the way forward, it will engage boost.
Yes, another one. This time it was mainly to accomodate the gamepad and thus I thought it was a good moment to rewrite some of the underlying systems. While there will be a few new bugs, you should notice a much better experience in terms of look and feel but also actual flow of the different UI screens.
Playlists and voting
When you create a custom match, you now will have to select a playlist to play instead of an invidual map. The playlists are hand curated for now so that we can test specific stuff. Because of this, there won't be any voting for now. The game will cycle through all the maps in the play-list.
Incomplete list due to data loss. Thankfully I only lost the changelist description and no actual game data.
- Tweaked burst rifle to have less of a drop, so slightly increased it's effective range
- Shotgun spread is a little bigger ( was too precice in previous play-test )
- Shotgun has 5 shells in the clip. Every 2 second it auto-reloads 1 shell. If you fire all 5, it will have to reload them all which takes 3s.
- Potential fix for only turret having outline
- Fix: cooldown override with the sniper rifle
- Fix: decals won't be drawn on the tank turret anymore
- Fix: enabled DFAO on the tank body again
- Reduced assist damage treshold from 80 to 40. ( Now that tanks can heal much faster, the treshold to get an assist should be lower imo)
- Fixed voice chat volume buttons not working properly
- Fixed spawning in a rock in FFA_Zone
- Fixed turret not pointing exactly where the aim location is.
- Fixed inconsistent color glow on hit impact/dash etc.
- Added new weapon: HealShot, will heal friendlies in a radius of the projectile impact location. Fires with an arc, so has a specific feel to it.
- Pitching Up has more force behind it now than pitching down. This is so that you have more control when trying to dash up etc.
- New map: Oasis, small 2v2 map. Disabled all the other maps ( temporarily ofc ).
- Reduced healing shot amount from 50 to 30
- Added map bounds to TEAM_Oasis ( it will show you the bounds when you get close to them, I dare anyone to try and get out ( if you do show me how lol ))
- Healing numbers not visible to hostiles