Early Access v0.28 Patch Notes
Good afternoon everyone,
This week’s update focusses on adding some more variable high-level strategies as well as making the game less frustrating for players focusing on Summoner builds or Power play.
There are a couple of very important mechanical updates (see below) as well as a number of card balance updates so please read carefully.
As always, please post any thoughts or comments on our Discord. We always love to hear your feedback!
Playing a Power card will now give the character 2 Defence as well as any other benefit. This is shown on the card as a reminder.
This change is to make mid-late battle powers more appealing to play as well as give the player (and enemies) a bit more durability on their powers and give non-Warrior characters some more defensive options.
Combat difficulty has been slightly re-balanced to compensate for this – most notably, all Bosses have had a health buff.
Removed the increasing cost of additional Summons to make summon builds more viable across the board.
Updated the opponent AI to deal with multiple player Summons more effectively.
To compensate, and to make the Warlord less essential in a summon build, a couple of cheap Warlord cards (‘March’ and ‘Show the Way’ now only affect Heroes).
Necromancer Boss summoning discount is reduced to -1 WP (from -2).
- ‘Run’ – Increased movement to 5.
- ‘Force Field’ – Reduced cost to 1.
- ‘Iron Skin’ – Reduced Resilience to 3 (from 4).
- ‘Seethe’ – Updated effect to ‘Whenever you take 1 or more damage and your hand is not full, draw a card.’ This is primarily to stop this card slowing down some turns unnecessarily.
- ‘Acidic Coating’ – Reduced cost to 1 (from 3).
- ‘Resilience’ (Warrior) – Changed effect to ‘Defend 2 at the beginning of your turn.’, increased Resilience to 6 (from 4).
- ‘Dire Bat’ (Hunter) – Reduced health to 3 (from 4).
- ‘Show the Way’ (Warlord) – Update effect to ‘Move 3 then activate all other friendly Heroes.’
- ‘Attack!’ (Warlord) – Updated effect to ‘All friendly Heroes draw a Melee Attack card from their deck and then Activate all friendly characters.’ To make it more clear that this effect still works on Summons etc.
- ‘Back to Back’ (Warlord) – Reduced cost to 0 (from 1).
- ‘Opening Strike’ (Warlord) – Reduced cost to 1 (from 2) and damage to 2 (from 3).
- ‘Calculations’ (Alchemist) – Reduced cost to 1 (from 2).
- ‘Acid Fog’ (Alchemist) – Increased Acid stacks to 1-3 (from 1-2).
- ‘Smart Infection’ (Alchemist) – Increased Damage and Defence to 2-5 (from 2-4).
- ‘Hex’ (Witch) – Increased cost to 1 (from 0) and updated effect to ‘Inflict 2 random negative named effects on target character.’ This change was made to stop this effect back-firing more and more as we add additional positive effects (coming v soon!). But without the chance of this, this effect felt a bit too powerful for a zero-cost card.
- As mentioned above, all Bosses have had a health increase to compensate for increased player durability.
- Slightly upped the difficulty of non-boss encounters (on Normal and above).
- Fixed Summoned unit attacks not displaying damage or Combo Strike previews.