Fellow space rogues,
Thank you for your continuous support! Below you'll find a summary of our development plans for the immediate future ("some of us enjoy calling it a micro-roadmap").
Keep in mind that in addition to the things mentioned here, there are literally hundreds of Shortest Trip things we want to work on.
The ones below are just those that we feel good about promising at this moment.
- New easier & harder game modes
- Material convertor modules update
- Ship sensors update
- Ship doors update
- ... and we will release new plans as existing ones get completed :)
In addition, today we will be updating the game with several fixes. Read the changelog below to find out all the latest changes (including all updates active since the release of the DLC Shortest Trip to Earth: Supporters Pack)
- The most resource consuming crew will now be chosen first to be sent to cryosleep (crew panel cryo + button).
- Module slot craftable module button hover now shows all the info about craftable module
- Added shield highlight when aiming with a weapon that can do shield damage
- Damage per minute (DPM) stats added to data shown in ingame ship info panel
- Added new game over texts
- Updated Nuke targeting. Missing nukes now attempt damaging new target (closest enemy module)
- Nukes now self destruct when they reach target position, but nothing is there and no other targets are around
Balance & related
- Numerous DIY and Decoy nukes now also cause light module damage on impact.
- rebalanced some sos warplife encounters
- replaced dangerous explosives smuggler in level 1, updated insectoid fast laser stats
- Two ancient gatling guns now consume a bit more ammo
- Spider bossfight now always happens from the front
- Shops now sell more cheaper explosives
- Material convertors that make explosives are now better
- Made all cryosleep modules better at healing
- Increased crew movement speed during accelerated time
- Gave ship HP bonus to many containers
- All playable ships now have at least 2 container-only slots
- More modules will now give minor ship HP bonuses
- Reduced evasion bonus for starting ships and some ECM modules
- DIY dronebay repair price is now 15 instead of 20 synthethics
- Made medbays a bit faster
- Module crafting now takes more time
- Greentail nukes now have more hitpoints
- Reduced fire damage speed on mostly enemy ships
- Slightly lowered playable ship HP's
- Updated enemy boss ships
- Rebalanced hostile ship nuke arsenal
- Rebalanced sensors, bridges
- Slightly increased accuracy of all enemy ships
- Slightly reduced deflection of some enemy ships
- Gave +1 point defence to 1 slaver ship
- Changed 2 slots for Tigerfish, gave better starting point-defence turret
- Removed fate bonus from some SOS events
- Changed fleet of Sector 1 Style Guardians
- Updated HP of squid ships
- Red Ripper biotech war animal does not need extra time any more to wake up from cryosleep
- Container modules that have initial rotation 90 or 270 degrees will now also rotate upright
- Science drone perk image updated
- removed outdated chat sounds from fleet encounter dialogues
- Overhauled navmeshes on all modules, fixing some possible "getting-stuck" or navblocker issues.
- Optimizations on lev4 boss weapon animations
- "Fixed crew panel glitches"
- Fixed an issue that starmap clickable area didn't cover the edges in larger sectors.
- Re-aligned module slot angles in bluestar ship for better navigation.
- Fixed crew permanent leave for all shops and now this action has a special cursor
- Three buttons for selecting player crew now fixed
- fixed firebomber cannon text
- Some tweaks to fueltank artifact graphics.
- Fixed weapon-swap exploitability that allowed installing weapons modules into less valuable slots
- Fixed rat gatling gun description
- Fixed some typos
- Launched player nuke UI is now shown green