This update aims at fixing most bugs and issues found during this first week of Early Access.
Most notably, Voubi’s gameplay has been reworked and is hopefully now more fun and balanced.
With all of these out of the way, I’m excited to start working on new content and designs for the next updates!
Special thanks to “Esty” (1), “Giragnoulak” (2), “DrFenouil” (3) and “CrazyRed” (4) for their suggestions!
It’s a bit all over the place so I separated the changes into 3 categories: major changes, minor changes and bug fixes.
- Added a setting that turn all fruits into waffles. (4)
- Checking inventory now pauses the game. (1)
- Voubi clones no longer activate Vampirism, Metal Scraping or Energy regeneration.
- Voubi clones can now use abilities right away but they deal less damage. They’ve also been tweaked all around.
- Voubi can now see his current number of clones. (3)
- Voubi can now only spawn 1 clone per room.
- Reworked how Voubi and his clones share the damage taken.
- Spike Balls of The Hole now disappear from monster rooms once the gates are opened.
- The chance of finding items on enemies has been reduced.
- Butcher now earns 3 coins everytime he kills an enemy & his upgrades have been updated.
- Green Energy Ball damage has been reduced.
- Red weapons no longer activate Vampirism and Metal Scraping effects by default.
- Robbie now starts with 8 Armor instead of 10.
- Robbie now gains 1 additional Armor everytime he picks up Tools.
- The items sold by the first shop of a full run are now half price.
- Renamed “HP Damage Reflection” to “Thorns”.
- Renamed “Armor Damage Reflection” to “Spikes”.
- Renamed “Energy Damage” to “Technology”.
- The Spiky Shield perk now scales with your Spikes.
- Enemies have to wait less time after appearing from a Cage before being able to attack.
- The number of enemies in the last arena of the third zone has been reduced by 4. (2)
- Some platforming rooms in the third zone have been updated. (2)
- Flies now telegraph their poop earlier. (2)
- The Fly Collector boss has been updated & improved. (2)
- The icons displaying the bosses defeated in the characters screen are now specific to the selected character. (3)
- Updated Voubi’s description to give more info on his clones. (3)
- Perks are now represented by their icon instead of a scroll in the inventory and in the “Items Discovered” screen. (3)
- Some rooms have been updated to keep the player from hitting enemies without being able to get hit himself. (3)
- All stats descriptions have been updated and now display dynamic elements in the info box. (3)
- The icon of offensive or defensive abilities on the top right of the screen now become black if you don’t have enough energy to use them. (3)
- Enemies and traps now stop producing sound when the player dies. (1)
- Updated the screen that shows unlocked items or characters with the description of the associated challenge. (1)
- Changed the icon to represent the cost in damage of items that are part of a demonic altar.
- Updated slightly the death screen layout.
- Added some new tips that can appear on the death screen.
- Completing a challenge now displays its specific icon instead of a generic icon.
- Jumbee the Boogie and Alien Eyes are now Green weapons and scale with your Max HP.
- Mage Robes have been replaced with Soldier Chestplate.
- The Bell effects have been modified.
- The design of the Book has been updated.
- The timer of a run no longer increases when the inventory is open.
- Final boss improved.
- Updated the Laser Gun description.
- Updated the Engineer fight.
- The Coupon & Picture items now give out less price reduction.
- When playing as Voubi, the screen is now only darkened if Voubi has 1 HP left and there are no clones alive.
- When playing as Voubi, the Angel Doll will now only activate after all clones are dead.
- Tweaked the price of some items.
- The description of food are now updated when picking up items that double their effects.
- Added an animation for stunned enemies.
- The cheering, Cage and Genetic Containers sounds no longer keep on playing during pause, inventory or death screen.
- The amount of blood now varies depending on which enemy is hit.
- The chance of activation of the Surgical Bot has been reduced from 10% to 3%.
- The Medic will now appear in the right room for the final boss.
- The Heart description will now update if you have the Strong Heart perk.
- Increased the price of the Energy Fist and reduced its effects.
- The music now starts with the credits splash screen.
- Some rooms have been tweaked.
- Fixed a bug where some Steam achievements were impossible to unlock. (3)
- Fixed Steam screenshots. (3)
- Fixed the World Destroyer challenge icon. (3)
- Fixed a bug where the traps continued working after defeating Mushroom King. (3)
- Fixed a bug where the Metal Canon bullets went through walls.
- Fixed the boss tracks not playing if boss intros are deactivated.
- Fixed the position of the blood splatter when colliding with an enemy projectile.
- Fixed a bug where the descriptions of the challenges involving the Fly Collector didn’t show after beating it once.
- Fixed a bug where having negative Attack Speed, Movement Speed or Jump Height wasn’t calculated correctly.
- Fixed a bug where Butcher attacks would sometimes get cancelled if he had too much Attack Speed.
- Fixed a bug that allowed the player to go outside the map and fall in the void in some rooms.
- Fixed a bug where the player got stuck in the shielding frame when a boss went into resting mode.
- Fixed the hitbox of Butcher with an Alien Arm.
- Fixed the fart sound happening too much in some instances.
- Fixed a bug where theft was being applied on enemies that could be farmed indefinitely.
- Fixed a bug where the Particles setting wasn’t being saved.
- Fixed a bug where dashing in a trap bullet activated the Pirate Doll cooldown.
- Fixed a bug where Flies sometimes pooped without telegraphing it.
- Fixed a bug where Babouk became tiny while jumping.
- Fixed a bug where Genetic Containers had less HP than they should in some places.
- Fixed a bug where the screen was still blackened on the end of run screen if you had 1 HP left when you finished the run.
- Fixed bugs related to the sounds of clones to keep it from being too loud.
- Fixed a bug where the effects applied to abilities didn’t apply to Souls spawned by using a Demon Stick.
- Fixed a bug where Souls and Crank crashed the game in some instances.
- Fixed a bug that made the player unable to do anything if he dashed too soon after attacking while getting hit by enemies.