Hello adventurers! Today's update covers a range of bug fixes and changes that should make the game experience better for everyone.
First, we have some buffs for the Budoka job that should affect its lategame potential. Right now, bare fists are very strong in the early and mid-game, but fall off compared to high-rank legendary and relic weapons later on.
So, we've increased fist/kick scaling for Budoka at levels 12, 16, and 20 (the latter two levels available to Legend of Shara owners) and also increased their chance to strike vital points once their Mastery passive has been unlocked.
Otherwise, we have an impressive slew of bug fixes and game optimizations that should smooth out some rough edges that have cropped up. Optimizations include faster load times and less CPU spikes in heavy combat situations. Naturally, we will be bringing this to Nintendo Switch as well.
Full Patch Notes
- Worked on smoothing some dialog box jank
- Reduced volume of the vine summoning SFX when "Aura of Growth" is enabled
- Non-boss monsters in Savage World now have generally more Health, and scaled monsters in NG+ / Savage World (i.e. low level monsters scaled to higher level) both have more health and power as intended
- When extracting magic mods from the Dreamcaster, you now have a chance at a bonus shard depending on the rarity of the item.
- Budoka fist / kick weapon power now increases by an additional 5% at levels 12 1 6, and 20
- Budoka’s tier 3 innate passive now boosts Vital Point proc chance on attack to 30% as intended (up from 20%, which was bugged)
- Fixed dream crystals sometimes having no aura and soft locking the game
- Fixed game error due to rare monster spawn
- Fixed Wild Cards “Straight” evaluation again
- Fixed bug where status data was not saved correctly, so hero-spawned poison/bleeds (etc) would load and use the monster’s stats instead of the hero’s
- Fixed bug where items would show a 4th upgrade possible in the Dreamcaster (such as +20 Stamina/Energy) outside of Savage World
- Fixed bug where a corral pet could be mad at you forever
- Fixed rare game error related to Runic Crystals on death
- Fixed error that could cause game to not load (due to DLC2 work, oops sorry)
- Fixed bug related to large pet parties throwing game errors
- Corral pets can no longer be charmed, ever
- Damage conversion effects like Fire --> Shadow should work correctly now with your bonus dmg
- Addressed various issues with monster level scaling. This might result in some monsters (scaled from a lower level) having more Health
- Whirlwinds - 2H weapon mod - now triggers only on use of physical damage skills, as intended
- Fixed issue with disappearing friendly elemental spirits
- (Legend of Shara) Orbs of Reverie should drop correctly in the right Wanderer’s Journeys again…
- (Legend of Shara) Fixed bugs related to saving/loading certain Wanderer’s Journey data in some regions
- (Legend of Shara) Less immersion breaking at the start of Shara’s story (tutorial popups)
- Fixed bugs with viewing / uploading mods from Linux
- A variety of engine optimizations for better performance on all platforms (fewer stutters, frame drops in various combat situations)
- Improved loading times