Sale & Release
Now don't spook out, but UnReal World version 3.60 is now live. The beta period for this version is over and the new version is auto-updating for the game owners on Steam as we speak. You can find more details about the release below, and we're sure you have already noticed that we are taking part in the ongoing
Halloween Kekri Sale big time with the pleasing numbers and content images.
Join us... into the Far North we shall take you...
It's Kekri, not halloween, in the Far North.
Kekri is an ancient Finnish harvest festival celebrated in the fall when the annual agricultural activies were all accomplished and the harvest collected. Kekri meant the end of the crop year, which was a big turning point. It was the time when the souls and spirits of the dead wandered around and visited the living. The ancestors were respected and welcomed. Sauna was heated up for them, and meal prepared too. The living celebrated accordingly, and so do we. We have harvested and processed the bugs and to-dos since the last beta and now together with Kekri celebrations 3.60 stable is out.
Kekri time included tradition of Kekripukki (Kekri goat) figure. People would dress up as horned creatures, wearing furs or coats upside down, and went around in their disguises and were offered food and drink. So, what does a decent developer of tradition rich game do to follow the tradition?
Well, hello there, any foods or drinks to offer? Some purchases will do as well.
By the way, we are coming up with Kekri-themed title screen which updates to your UnReal World at some point during this sale & festivity period.
Those who participated in 3.60 beta branch already know what it is about. For those who only now got their hands on it we'll briefly mention that the key features deal with NPCs, companions, domestic animals, village properties, and crafting additions. You can find the full changelog in this previous beta release post:
And since that previous beta release, we've worked out the following for this 3.60 stable release:
UnReal World version 3.60 (stable) changelog:
- added: tree saplings
There are now small saplings of spruce and birch trees appearing on zoomed-in maps. Saplings are not obstacles for movement like the bigger trees but you can walk right through them. Saplings can be cut down like any trees, and they have use in making of withes.
MIGRATION NOTICE: Saplings can be found only on newly generated maps. If your character has explored the world extensively you may want to run map maintenance (key command ) which removes unimportant previously generated zoomed-in maps.
- added: withe - a new type of tying equipment
Withes are tying and binding equipment made from flexible, slender saplings of spruce or birch trees. Your character can make withes from [M]ake-menu under Tying equipment category.
- added: WITHE game encyclopedia entry [F1]
- added: fence building now requires two bands of tying equipment
Fences have been traditionally tied with spruce withes, which are the preferred and convenient choice, but any other tying equipment will work as well.
- added: villagers now cook their raw meat and fish
Villagers will now cook raw meat and fish in their possession. This doesn't necessarily happen instantly upon obtaining the meat or fish, but at convenient moment for the villager in question.
- added: inventory auto-filtered to show timber when birch-bark raw material requirement selection is being made
- changed: upon planting something the sprouts are not immediately visible
Only after some days you will be able to see the sprouts of what you had planted. Before the sprouts, planted tiles appear in thicker prepared soil graphics so you will be able to recognize them.
- adjusted: village dogs don't bark at sleeping characters
Watchdogs barking at restfully sleeping characters made it impossible to have good nights sleep in a village.
- fixed: using length based items as weight based crafting material got their properties modified confusingly
For example tanning with birch-bark strips.
- fixed: hunting NPCs might choose to hunt player character's domestic reindeers
- fixed: villagers rejecting traps in trading, claiming that they have enough even though they had none
- fixed: raft weight reasoned
They've been super light earlier, but now weigh around proper 1200 pounds. This makes hauling the only option for moving rafts around on dry land.
- fixed: young leaves could be picked immediately when plants sprouted
Now the plant needs to be few weeks old before picking of leaves is possible.
- fixed: double animal skin when skinning the same carcass as your NPC companions
- fixed: young animals meat yield occasionally being as high as that of the adult animals
- fixed: NPC butchering/skinning processes in the background might cause player spend times to jump or reset
- fixed: NPC owned dogs not leaving tracks in the wilderness
- fixed: tying equipment return issues after drying/smoking
If several stacks of food was dried/smoked at the same location using same kind of tying equipment all the tying equipment got returned when the first batch of food was ready.
- fixed: player crafted items occasionally appearing as roasted foods (if there was NPCs cooking nearby)
- fixed: when looking at tree harvested of its bark the tree info mistakenly said "partially felled"
Celebrate & Participate
We wish you happy Kekri time - or happy Halloween if that suits you better.
All in all, now just celebrate and participate in the festivities at this special time of the year.