Buckle up guys, this is one hair-raising update! Today marks the beginning of our Trick or Treat Halloween event!
Halloween Event: Trick or Treat
We’re releasing a wide variety of unique cosmetic seasonal rewards alongside some spooky map decorations!
How you gain those sweet Halloween rewards:
Want to unlock exclusive Halloween rewards? All you need to do is keep your eyes open for delicious in game candy. Collect the candy and it’ll turn into Halloween points; earn enough and you’ll unlock some sweet rewards. To make things a little more difficult the smaller candy rewards the most points, so look for the toffee apples and elusive golden gummy bears if you want to unlock everything as fast as possible. Also keep in mind, if you have an XP boost active, you’ll also get double the amount of candy collected in-game!
The types of candy and size classifications are as follows:
2 Points - Big Gummy Bears (Huge)
4 Points - Bowl of Sweets (Large)
6 Points - Chocolate Bars (Medium)
10 Points - Toffee Apples (Small)
20 Points - Golden Gummy Bears (Tiny)
Lastly there will also be special loot booth tokens available during the holiday. Each loot booth reward comes with a number of Halloween points based on its tier, meaning that even common unlocks can help you chase down Halloween legendary items before the end of the holiday.
Additionally, there are some performance based bonuses outlined below:
When escaping as an innocent player you will receive an additional 50% points on top of whatever you have picked up in the game.
When executing an innocent as an infected player you will receive an additional 25% points per execution on top of whatever you have picked up in the game.
What are the new rewards?
This year’s event rewards will be visible in the event screen which is available in the top left of the main menu. You can also use this to track your progress towards the next reward and your overall progress throughout the event.
The event rewards and their costs are as follows:
Candy Pile Emblem - 50 points
Edible Wristband - 200 points
Circus Chang - 500 points
Ominous Rachel Victory Pose - 1,250 points
Balloon Sword - 2,250 points
The Fallen Emblem - 4,250 points
Hit Squad Lisa Outfit - 6,500 points
Relic Pistol - Unlocked at 9750 points
Day of the Dead NiNa Outfit - 14,000 points
Possessed Hans Defeat Pose - 20,000 points
Blessed Alex Outfit - 28,000 points
GLAMpire - 40,000 points
Infected Note Emblem - 75,000 points
Halloween Tokens will replace normal tokens for the duration of the event in both level up rewards and through token purchases (they will not replace the tokens awarded from the Werewolf and Vampire Packs).
To spend Halloween Tokens simply go to the loot booth as normal and select a Halloween Token to give to the shady dealer.
Last Year’s Rewards – In the loot booth for a limited time!
In addition to these rewards, previous Halloween seasons’ rewards will be available in the loot booth for the duration of the event when using a Halloween token! This gives you the chance to drastically expand your inventory with a bunch of seasonal cosmetics available for a limited time only, including the highly sought after clown and demon terror skins.
In our last update we mentioned that we’ll soon be looking to rework our ranked system in order to make it more competitive, and rewarding for our top players. We’re excited to implement this in the coming updates, and we’re really thankful for everyone who’s posted feedback on Discord. In the mean-time we’ll be updating the current ranked system with the following changes, please note that these aren’t the rank reworked mentioned, and is a short-term measure to help improve the quality of ranked games.
- The minimum level required to play ranked has been increased from level 10 to 12. This will require all new players to get 50% more XP before they’re able to join the ranked queue.
- To join the ranked queue, players are now required to own at least 3 of the 4 terrors.
- The ranked queue has been changed so you’re only allowed to queue as a solo player.
- A plethora of map exploits have been patched across the Asylum, Forest and Mansion maps. We’d like to thank the community for their help in identifying these issues, please reach out to us on Discord if there are any others that need resolving.
- Players who win against Baseline developers wearing the new developer emblem will be awarded with a Golden Bunny emblem. Emblems acquired from beating Automaton developers will be kept but can’t be attained any more.
- The intro splash screen has been updated.
- Players will no longer skip all of prestige 9 after completing prestige 8.
- Players who have reached the max level and prestige will now be able to gain a token every time they earn 30,000 more experience.
- Characters in the Main Menu will no longer restart their idle animations midway through.
- You can no longer reach the succeeding floor when using the Vampire Terror ability towards the end of the blackout.
- Party invites now last a lot longer before expiring.
- Along with map fixes, we’ve partially restricted the ability to jump really high. A more complete fix will come in the future.