Hello, everyone! Today's patch brings some long needed upgrades to the save management system and the Kinetic Thrust spell in particular, but also some other quality of life improvements and bug fixes that help improve the game overall. Full notes below!
Improvements and Changes
- Reworked the save management UI to require confirmation when deleting save files as well as show a screenshot of your current checkpoint to better distinguish your different save files from each other. Current saves will show general screenshots for the scene you're in, but any from this patch onward will be appropriate to your current checkpoint.
- If an enemy is not immediately knocked down by a Kinetic Thrust, they will now be put into an off-balance state for a short duration. While off-balance, enemies take double damage and have a chance to be knocked down by incoming damage (critical incoming damage has a much higher chance to knock them down, as well).
- Similarly to off-balance enemies, enemies attacked from behind or while not alerted to the player's presence have the same chance to be knocked down by incoming damage.
- Reworked the ballistae throughout the Serafin Castle. Making minor adjustments to their aim is now much more responsive.
- Both the Vampire boss and King Seraf can now be ignited by sources of fire damage for additional damage over time.
- Gave a facelift to the Life Fruit tree area outside the Serafin Castle.
- Added a sign post to the entrance of the Forbidden Mine that better directs players as to where to go once the water has been drained, as well as clues the player in a bit more to the lore of the environment.
- Changed the wording on the Firewave altar plaque to be clearer in regards to the player's need to collect quest items to solve it.
- Additional optimization throughout the game, most notably on the left side of the Serafin Castle Courtyard.
- Improved some of the enemy pathfinding in the Serafin Palace.
Bug Fixes and Corrections
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes allow you to overlap cogs when placing them onto the pegs of the water wheel device after the troll boss.
- Corrected an issue with the ballistae in the Serafin Castle occasionally shooting through solid objects, and in the case of one of them, resetting the placement of the permanent bolts prematurely.
- Corrected some particle and audio effects in the Vampire fight that were ending prematurely.
- Added missing collision to the banisters in the Serafin Palace Library.
- Fixed some missing or flawed collision throughout the first two chapters.
- Cleaned up some incorrectly configured normal maps.
That's it for this patch. More coming soon as we continue to work through our current roadmap and develop chapter 3. As always, we invite you to join us in the game's discord to share your thoughts and feedback in helping us make the game the best it can be. Happy adventuring, everyone!