Autumn leaves coat the ground, the smell of pumpkin spice lingers in the air, and literal green zombies are stampeding around breaking car physics, stacking on each others heads and eating solid objects... it must be Halloween!
Until November 1st the event is active:
- Decorations have been added to some towns on all of the official maps, and the Liberator dress-up party has returned.
- Halloween Gift Presents containing costumes and skins are dropping.
- Several community-created items have been accepted to the Stockpile. In particular the Warlock and Obsidian Knight bundles are quite appropriately themed!
Enjoy your Halloween, and happy trick-or-treating!
Unturned has upgraded from 2017.4 to 2018.4. This change should be mostly behind-the-scenes, but I'll be keeping two eyes out for the bug reports. Some of the direct benefits include:
- Nested prefabs for modders, significantly speeding up asset development
- Headless dedicated server optimizations and performance improvements.
- Significantly improved .NET / mono stability, and stability in general.
- Terrain rendering CPU optimizations via instancing.
For more details on the update: Read More Here
In the future this will allow us to update the outdated post-process effects, and take advantage of the scriptable render pipeline for superior performance.
- Added -ValidateAssets command-line option, and moved some of the slower asset checks behind this flag.
- Asset checks for missing meshes are now more thorough for more asset types.
- Multiple workshop maps can be specifically highlighted at a time now.
- Reworked logging systems, in particular benefiting servers. All information is in the Client.log or Server_XYZ.log files now.
- Fixed item drop exception for misconfigured animals.
- Lighting material values are cached before changing.
- Disabled unused Unity player loop subsystems.
- Object visibility updates are only checked while changing zones.
- Text outlines are only used on colorful backgrounds, and other text now has shadows instead.
- Fixed featured item labels to only show during new time window.
- Updated all vanilla terrain shaders to take advantage of instancing, and corrected some specular lighting issues.
- Fixed small values in some attachments being ignored.
- Sort-of workaround for GUI color problem on MacOS.
- Improved material and shader fixup process for older asset bundles.
- Stripped a variety of code that should not be in the game itself.
- Mute game volume on loading screen. There were some annoying noises depending where the loading camera was.
- Updated from SplatPrototypes to TerrainLayers API.
- Replaced usage of WWW with UnityWebRequest.
- Prevent duplicate asset bundle loading in the pending master bundle list.