Mindustry 5.0 is now out, with many new exciting features. These include:
Schematics. Select an area, then paste it somewhere else or save it for later use. Rotation and flipping is fully supported.
Automatic drone rebuilding. Phantom drones will now automatically replace broken blocks.
New placement controls. Edit your build queue on the fly, remove specific blocks or rotate existing ones. For planning on multiplayer servers, building can now be paused and resumed with a keybind.
Mods. Create and share your own modifications of the game through a simple json-based system. No knowledge of programming is required. Take a look at the example mod repository to see what this looks like. Documentation is currently a work in progress.
Note that modding is currently unstable. Report any bugs you find using the link in the game.
Full patch notes:
- Added inverted sorters: flip item output directions
- Added JSON config-based modding [Alpha, may be very unstable]
- Added block schematics: save and share your designs [Desktop]
- Added placed block rotation: Hold [R] and use the scrollwheel to rotate a block [Desktop]
- Added saving of blocks broken after enemy attacks
- Added phantom drone rebuilding of broken blocks
- Added radial tech tree layout
- Added autotiling for blocks in build queue and selection
- Added zooming and panning in tech tree/campaign select
- Added username labels to minimap [Contributed by Maxattax97]
- Added targeting priority for turrets/units: when targeting blocks, turrets will be attacked first
- Added new loadout select dialog
- Added link to Mindustry subreddit
- Added banning of blocks in ruleset
- Added internal plugin methods for switching servers and updating game rules
- Made incend bullets set enemies on fire instead of just setting everything on fire
- Made build requests be replaceable in build queue [Contributed by @clfer]
- New building system for desktop; supports editing the queue and pausing building
- Added power laser opacity slider [Contributed by azureblue]
- Fixed input not working with different keyboard locales
- Improved zone objectives: finishing attack maps unlocks next zones/configuration, waves no longer needed
- Increased minimum FPS to 15 to prevent game freeze
- Changed 'plugins' to 'mods': function the same way, but with more capabilities
- Tutorial text tweaks
- Disabled player-player and player-drone collisions
- Fixed crashing when launching in offline mode [Steam]
- Lots of other various bugfixes