Human NPCs of the world are now a little less stiff. For combat, we have added a number of new stagger animations that can occur when you hit enemies with spells or bullets. These will cause the enemy to stop attacking for a short time and recoil from taking damage. There are a few different animations depending on what direction they are hit, and whether it is a body or head shot. Additionally, wizard enemies now have a casting animation to go with their spells, which can help as a visual cue for dodging their attacks.
Friendly npcs also have some new movement when talking to them. They will now turn to look at you when you interact with them, and have a number of dialogue animations.
Human ragdoll effects are now slightly improved. Instead of spawning in a T-Pose, they now correctly match the pose the enemy was in when it died, and are affected by the physics of spells and bullets that caused the death. Try it out with a nice shotgun blast to the face.
We have also added an animation to opening chests and barrels to make that a little more satisfying.
We have added physics to a few items in the world, and made a couple of items destructable (barrels and crates). We will likely add physics to more objects in the future. This sometimes causes problems with previously placed objects, so keep an eye out for these issues, and please let us know about them by posting on our Steam forums.
A couple of new quests and locations have been added. These are one-off quests, but soon we plan on working more on the main quest, which will reveal some story and take you all the way through the max level.
- You can now purchase more bank tabs to hold more items.
- Fixed a bug that would cause world objects to be duplicated in some areas of the forest if you left and returned.
- Abigail now tells you that you can keep her shotgun.
- Added enemy cast animations.
- pressing c or escape now closes open windows properly before opening inventory or menu.
- Shotguns now create a separate damage number for each projectile.
- Added animation for when enemies are mesmerized.
- Added animation for when enemies are feared.
- Npcs now turn towards you when you talk to them.
- Added some animations that npcs perform while talking to them.
- Added a couple of new quests and locations.
- Added stagger animations to humans, that happens occasionally when they take damage.
- Fixed a bug that caused info popups to behave erratically sometimes.
- Level text in the inspection window now shows red when your level is too low.
- Fixed issue that would sometimes cause it to appear that you had no characters.
- Human ragdolls now match the pose of the alive character before it was killed.
- bullets now add force to human enemy ragdolls on the killing shot.
- Fixed an issue where you couldn't interact with Pupil Cora in Lake Town.
- Fixed Lola in Lake Town having the wrong body.
- The fireplace in Uriah's house no longer plays a sound when the fire is out.
- Fixed an issue with Aaron's house having a typo in the name pop up.
- Fixed issues with some NPCs having the wrong greetings.
- Fixed some visual issues in Hillcroft Hollow.
- The Innkeeper at The Worthless Drunk now gives you the correct room key.
- Fixed an issue where the teleport rune in the Witch's Cave wasn't teleporting to the correct location.
- Fixed some bugs with the Graverobber's quest.
- Fixed some bugs with the quest "A Family Feud".
- Fixed a large number of typos.
- Added some new visuals to Trulin's house.
- Added long barrel revolver model and created some new items to use it.
- Increased bob and footstep sound speed when sprinting.
- Added a sound for when you aim down sights.
- Pressing the fire button now pulls out your weapon if you have one equipped.
- You can no longer holster your weapon while reloading. Previously doing so would cause errors.
- Fixed bug where locked containers would generate double loot.
- Upated most chests with new animations.
- You can now destroy crates and barrels.
- It now tells you that you lack the requirements if you try to drag equip an item that you cannot wear.
- Removed auto-equipping weapons for now since it was causing some problems.
- Added better visuals to opening barrels.
- Added physics to some objects.
- Fixed an issue where you couldn't loot a bag in the "Trouble with Thieves" quest.
- Town wizards and pupils now wear wizard hats.
- You can no longer upgrade the deflect ability.