Hello Worldbuilders, Gamemasters, Roleplayers, and Writers,
It has been a long time since the last release - but we're finally here.
After months of working on Ikarus, we're finally ready to present v1.4 beta to you!
There are a lot of changes, but I'll group them together.
Let me start out however that most changes aren't new features.
In fact there's only three new features really - and some other features aren't implemented yet.
This release was a mix of a UI-rewrite and a lot of preparation and conceptual conceiving to prepare us for the next few stages.
We're still in early access - please keep that in mind!
- Any attribute can be a list now
- Folder system was implemented - and the reordering adjusted
- Performance improvements all around the board
- Add descriptions to Blueprints/Attributes/Instances
- Compatibility with older systems was improved - we now use OGL2.0 and Directx9 supporting graphics cards from 2004 onwards
- Fewer library dependencies on linux - which should hopefully help some windows users out
- Limited log-files - Ikarus will now create at most ten log files
- Representations are gone
They were created to allow you to immediately see what an instance consists of without opening it - this will be handled in the future with a popup, where you can hover on the instance to see all its values - you now have to name instances manually
Features which aren't here yet but used to be
- Settings - they were mostly used as a placeholder to get some feedback on them
but we plan to implement them soon!
- Tableview - again, this was mostly a stub to see how people like it, but it will be reimplement in a lot better soon!
New Visual Features
- Completely new UI - far from perfect, but quite a step up
- Colours are used in various places to help you orientate yourself easier
- A new font is in place - making Ikarus look at least 14 times better
- Cyrillic Characters are now supported - in fact we now support a few thousand characters -
in the future we'll implement all remaining fonts, but make them opt-in to avoid a memory overhead of a few hundred megabytes.
As previously mentioned - old projects won't be able to be carried over into the new version - however, if you want your old project to be carried over, send us the database file, and we'll get back to you with a ported version!
If you've got any complaints, or bug reports, or suggestions - please report them in the steam-forums or join us on our Discord!
Thank you all for your patience by the way - we really appreciate it, and hope that this release will improve your experience with Ikarus!