Wolfgang Wozniak from Poppy Works here, we are now the global publisher for Halloween Forever, including on Steam~! We wanted to update the game to support new languages as well as improve stability. This update makes it easier for us to add new languages at any time, and improves overall game stability. We ran this update with the Imaginary Monster Discord community in a beta program and did not come across any issues.
Well, what is this? The patch notes can be found below!
- Japanese language
- Korean language
- Mandarin Chinese language
- New save/load system
- Gamepad support improved
- Cursor is now hidden when gamepad buttons are pressed
- Official Boo Dudes song "Halloween Forever" to the Credits screen.
- New font "Silver". Get it at https://poppyworks.itch.io/silver
- Entire game's script is loaded externally. Modding is possible.
- Map arrow is now animated
- Various bug fixes
- Button remapping (This will come back at a later date. Please use Steam Big Picture to remap your controls for now)
We removed the previous button remapping system as it was a little unstable and unpredictable. We've also implemented our own input system into the game. Button remapping will return very soon, as we are in development on a new system that we can use across all of our GMS projects, such as this one.
We've also reworked the entire saving and loading system, but made sure to give Steam players who have unlocked the Achievements on Steam before a way to ensure that the characters they've unlocked will be retained in this new update. The new saving and loading system is more stable, and is compliant with console systems, and should improve stability on lower-end PC systems. This update will be available on Mac OSX later this week.
We hope that you enjoy our new work, and if you have any issues, please be sure to post them in the Steam Community. We will be monitoring it for any issues this new update has created.
Thank you very much and Happy Halloween Forever~!