Player Ranks Overall:
Stats have been reset and H-Hour now includes a proprietary Competitive Ranking System.
Enlisted ranks (1-10) can only move up and are mostly driven by experience learned by gaining a rounded background in the game's main elements. In order to transition from Enlisted to Officer Ranks, players must have performed 4+ of each mission objective type (Bomb Plant, Bomb Defusal, and Extracted Hostages) and complete specific numbers of matches. This is as Officers are expected to have overall experience before promotion.
Officer Ranks are based purely on the player's position on the leaderboard which can change based on player performance as well as the relative performance of other players. Here, players' Ranks can go up and down in their positions (based on percentile of rating in completed matches). Continue the fight and achieve the coveted 4 Star General position reserved for only the #1 player.
Player Rating System:
While we cannot go into specifics due to the complexity involved, the rating system is more than simply who won over who lost. It takes in consideration numerous game elements, and the player's contribution to the final outcome is a major driver for how much rating change they will be awarded. For example, if you want the most boost from the winning team, you'll need to be the match MVP. If you want the most mercy for a loss, top contributors get the most forgiveness in their match rating.
Achievements and Potential Future Resets:
With the stabilization of this ranking/rating system, we released both an in-game achievement system and the steam achievements so players can track their progress. Be aware however, we need player progression to allow us to fully monitor the stat and achievement results. If further tweaks are required both will be reset in a future patch.
Honoring KittyHawk's passing:
• Added memorial objects in Sismis Church rafters to commenorate our beloved long-time supporter and WorkShop contributor KittyHawk
• An in-game Achievement display page has been added to the Profile section of the main menu to allow players to monitor their progress
• Steam Achievements have been developed and released
• Activated Game Achievements unlocks and progress (values will be reset at release)
• Modified the rating scale to prevent players with more loses than wins from going into a negative range which is the cause of 0 Ratings (previous ratings are reset with this patch).
• Made adjustment to Leaderboard Ratings scale to prevent negative ratings (which shows as 0) for players with more losses than wins. This should allow players to always have a positive rating and accurately place them on the leaderboard with non-zero values.
• 2v2 minimum player requirement in a Ranked Room (dedicated server - Non-Respawn) applied for both updating of Steam Stats as well as leaderboard rating.
• Leaderboard display now shows players' Rating Score, regardless of profile privacy settings.
• Leaderboard display can now be paged (prev/next) 50 entries at a time.
• Added Leaderboard Position & Percentile details in the Profile Stats page
• "Next Rank" requirement details added to the Profile Stats page
• Added crouch Bomb Plant/Defuse animations
Known Scenario: When looking down while planting/defusing in crouch, the character will go in to "shot blocked", resulting in the plant animation losing priority and not being visible although the plant/defuse action continues progressing without issue.
• Corrected issue where some weapon attributes resulted in improved accuracy while moving instead of it being reduced. As a result, we may need one more final tuning pass prior to release if useful and detailed feedback is received about specific weapons and that exact desired modification is in the community's best interest.
• Corrected Physical Material assignment on Cove Kitchen floor.
• Corrected Coffin room collision issues on Sismis
• BF(848): Able to force camera clipping with low ceilings/obstacles/stairs
-Add blocking volumes to smooth walk across train tracks
-Add objects and walls on 2 bldgs for both Terrorist and SOF side to avoid easy sniping from water dam side
-Add a wall on water dam right of stairs to avoid easy sniping
-Create more walking space on Terrorist side behind the trains
-Remove collision on ground plants
-Improved visual effects of exploding barrels and trucks for replication on server
- Change Post Volume colour to more white instead of blue hue as sphere
- Change tree leaves to No Collision (some spots had invisible walls)
- Add routes on the ground to avoid drop down of high hills
- Add a few fences to indicate which hills are high
- Change SOFs spawn position to the right a bit so both sides have same timing to objective