Hey everyone, Update 34 for cyubeVR is live!
You can now unlock 50 Steam Achievements in the game!
There's also more features and bugfixes, so let's take a look at the whole list and then get into more detail for the achievements!
- Added 50 Steam Achievements
- Added stats for Total Blocks Mined, Total Blocks Crafted and Total Blocks Placed in the settings UI of the game
- Fixed crystal duplication bug when trying to attach crystal to bucket
- Fixed being able to grab crystal from bucket when bucket isn't visible
- Fixed it being possible to move chests/chairs while inventory is opened
- Fixed teleport to previous teleport location triggering when pressing teleport button while briefcase is opened
- When placing a block, there no longer is a small time period afterwards where placing a new block is not possible due to the chunk rebuild, so placing blocks quickly is faster now.
- Default locomotion setting is now "With falling" instead of "off". It's likely the better default as people seem to expect falling to be enabled by default in a game like this.
- Fixed rendering artifacts (flickering) that sometimes appeared on the downside of blocks
There's now 50 great achievements unlockable in the game!
You can take a look at the full list of achievements here: https://steamcommunity.com/stats/619500/achievements
Achievements are a great way to show you what you can actually do in the game. For example, previously it was unlikely that someone who doesn't follow the game update announcements here or has watched specific videos of the game knows that you can re-color existing torches in the game. Now that there's an achievement that you get for re-coloring torches, it's clear that this is something you can actually do, so it's a very nice way of showing what you can do in the game without needing a tutorial to explain it.
The achievements are all unlockable by regularly playing the game - if you just play the game for 10 hours the way it's designed to be played, you likely have unlocked all achievements in the game. There are no achievements that force you to do things just for the sake of getting an achievement.
If you scroll down in the settings UI of the game, you now see stats for how many blocks you have mined, placed and crafted in your total playtime of the game. These stats are stored in the Steam Cloud, so even if you completely wipe the game off your PC and reinstall it, these numbers will not reset and keep incrementing.
As usual, thanks very much to our great beta testers in the official cyubeVR discord who tested this update as part of 8 separate beta builds! If you also want to test new features earlier when they come out in the beta branch, make sure to join the discord and take a look at the #beta-build-patch-notes and #beta-build-discussion channel!
That's all for today! If you like the game, don't forget to tell other people about it and write a review on Steam if you haven't done that already, even if its just a few words. Writing a review and spreading the word is the easiest way you can support the game!
Thanks for caring about the game and as usual, make sure to report all issues you see and give me as much feedback as possible in the official forums or the official discord server, join it before its full ;) We're over 500 people there already, come and join us! If you don't like something about the game, tell me there and I'll try to improve it! I'm available to chat with anyone in discord :)
There's also a cyubeVR subreddit available on Reddit, if you're active on Reddit, make sure to subscribe to it and maybe post some great screenshots there!
Also, don't forget there's an [official roadmap with voting features](www.roadmap.cyubevr.com).
Looking forward to hearing what you think about the new update :)